The African Climate Foundation (ACF) is the first and only African-led climate change re-granting organisation on the continent. Through its grant making and thought leadership, the ACF seeks to support interventions at the nexus of climate change and development that have the greatest potential to deliver long-term socio-economic transformation and inclusive development.
- Experience 3 – 5 years
- Location Lagos
Reporting to the Programme Manager, the Sustainable Landuse and Agriculture Officer will work closely with the Sustainable Agriculture Officer and the rest of the ACF team.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Support the development of the Sustainable Landuse Strategy and Implementation Plan with a focus on the protection of natural ecosystems, rehabilitation of degraded natural and semi-natural ecosystems, and the sustainable use of intensively modified ecosystems.
- Undertake and oversee research and manage the stakeholder mapping.
- Support ACF fund raising through engagements with donors and the development of fund-raising proposals.
- Manage the processing of grants and maintain strong working relationships with ACF grantees and partners.
- Support the ACF’s thought leadership on Sustainable Landuse and represent the organization on public platforms.
- Provide support to the broader ACF team, including the Board and Council, on issues related to Sustainable Landuse through research and inputs when requested.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in ecology, sustainable land management, conservation sciences and related fields
- 3-5 years working experience in policy making, funding or project implementation
- Sophisticated reading and writing abilities
- Ability to source, distil, synthesize and present on large bodies of information
- Ability to display keen appreciation for the complexities of Africa’s political economy issues and understand the key linkages between climate change and development
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Ability to identify, pitch and articulate information that is relevant to different partners (candidate must be able to speak effectively to different actors ranging from grassroot organisations to high-level decision-makers)
- Project management skills
- Multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary research and writing skills to engage with all narratives and information (finance, economics, hard sciences, social sciences etc.) relevant to portfolio
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to take on projects and tasks that are not currently identified within the land use portfolio
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop and maintain internal and external relationships
- Honesty, integrity, and high levels of professionalism
Start date: January 2023
Location: Africa. Remote working would be considered
Contract Term: 18 Months
Closing date: 31 October 2022
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to The African Climate Foundation (ACF) on africanclimatefoundation.bamboohr.com to apply