The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially the most vulnerable to malnutrition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Duration: 24 Months
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Classification: C5 – Manager
Travel Work required: Limited
- We are seeking an experienced and proactive Finance Manager to lead on providing essential financial services to the programme operations team in Abuja, Nigeria.
- This role is offered on a fixed term basis of up to 24 months, with the possibility of extension after this period subject to funding.
- Candidates will ideally be available to start immediately.
About the Role
- The Finance Manager is a key position in the Nigeria country office. This position is expected to lead on all aspects of finance and provide essential financial services to the programme operations teams whilst ensuring compliance with global GAIN policies, systems and procedures.
- The Finance Manager will report to the Head of Operations and provide essential support to the staff and consultants in maintaining good relationships with external stakeholders.
- The post holder will ensure that appropriate financial regulations and controls are always in place for the country office and are in use; compliance with external requirements, such as local laws and regulations and donor, partner, service provider and vendor contractual obligations.
- They are responsible for safeguarding GAIN’s interest in these transactions and interactions, providing effective first level stewardship of GAIN’s assets, resources, staff and premises.
- Ensuring availability of Finance manuals and procedures, their understanding by staff, executive agencies and consultants and their successful implementation
- Supervising the finance section and ensuring financial transactions are recorded in line with GAIN norms and standards
- Supporting the Head of Operations on preparation of programme budgets, analysis of grants and expenditure
- Leading in the development of costings and budgets for new project development with support from the Head of Operations, Country team and the global finance team
- Ensuring preparation and availability of statutory financial records (e.g., income tax return) and tax compliance and compliances relating to foreign grants
- Maintaining a schedule of financial reporting deadlines to donors as part of the donor coordination records in close liaison with project staff
- Liaising with the Head of Operations, project and international finance staff to ensure that financial reporting templates for all grants are set up in accordance with donor requirements
- Compiling financial reports to donors as and when required, based on financial data extracted from Navision
- You should be an experienced and highly organized Finance Manager, ideally with a background working with International NGOs and with good knowledge of managing donor grants (e.g., DFID, USAID, EU, etc.).
- You should have excellent leadership, communication and problem-solving skills, along with strong computer literacy skills, particularly with the MS Office Suite. Familiarity with Salesforce is desirable.
- In addition, you should be a professionally qualified accountant with at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and experience working with Quickbooks, Navision or a similar accounting software. Business English is required.
From N12,037,380 – N13,763,436 Annually, depending on experience.
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online