IT Officer, Business Analysis I
Job #: req24807
Organization: World Bank
Sector: Information Technology
Term Duration: 4 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Required Language(s): English
Preferred Language(s): Closing Date: 11/8/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org
ITS Vice Presidency Context:
Information and Technology Solutions (ITS) enables the WBG to achieve its mission of ending extreme poverty and promote shared prosperity in a sustainable way by delivering transformative information and technologies to its staff working in over 150 locations.
Our vision is to transform how the Bank Group accomplishes its mission through information and technology. In this fast-paced, ever-changing world, the formulation and implementation of the ITS strategy is an ongoing, iterative process of learning and adaptation developed through extensive consultations with business partners throughout the World Bank Group.
ITS shapes its strategy in response to changing business priorities and leverages new technologies to achieve three high-level business outcomes: business enablement, by providing Bank Group units with innovative digital tools and technologies to transform how they deliver value for their clients; empowerment & effectiveness, by ensuring that all Bank Group staff are connected, able to find information, and productive to accelerate the delivery of development solutions globally; and resilience, by equipping the Bank Group to provide risk-based cybersecurity and robust data protection for a global network and a growing cloud platform.
Implementation of the strategy is guided by three core principles. The first is to deliver solutions for business partners that are customer-centric, innovative, and transformative. The second is to provide the Bank Group with value for money with selective and standard technologies. The third principle is to excel at the basics by providing a high performing, robust, and resilient IT environment for the organization.
The ITS business model combines dedicated business solutions centers that provide services tailored to specific WBG business needs and shared services that provide infrastructure, applications, and platforms for the entire Group. ITS is one of three VPs that have been brought together as the World Bank Group Integrated Services (WBGIS), to provide enhanced corporate core services and enable the institution to operate as one strategic and coordinated entity.
WBG ITS Finance (ITSFI) is accountable for implementing the ITS Strategy supporting the World Bank core finance, human resources, and general service business processes and information delivery. We work in close collaboration with our business partners to develop and run the systems and applications that are the lifeblood of the work of the World Bank Finance Complex. ITSFI provides high quality, streamlined information and technology solutions for the World Bank’s Finance and Accounting, Treasury, IDA & ICSID Resources Mobilization, Business and Budget Planning, Global Corporate Solutions, Corporate Procurement, Human Resources Development, and Comptroller and Risk Management domains. ITSFI is additionally responsible for building its IT services using a shared platform that provides scale, leverage, reliability, and control while at the same time improving responsiveness to emerging business needs. The ITSFI team is accountable for the implementation of the ITS Strategy supporting WBG core finance business processes.
As a unit within ITSFI, ITS Finance Engineering (ITSFE) provides distinct and complex financial solutions support to the operation of the WBG Finance & Accounting, Development Finance, Treasury, and Global Climate Change Vice Presidencies.
The IT Officer Business Analyst will report to the ITSFE team lead and will work closely with finance clients primarily focusing on the modern Cloud based Web apps for IDA Mobilization and IBRD/IDA Corporate Finance (DFCII) unit in support of their IT needs, application landscape, cross supporting enterprise initiatives that have touchpoints with core business processes and play a significant role in the delivery of large capital projects, ongoing maintenance services, and implementing its overall solutions strategy.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Primary responsibility of the IT Office Business Analyst is to understand and analyze business requirements, underlying solution architecture and design across all solution aspects. This role requires both technical system implementation experience as well as business analysis with a focus on technical implementations. Provide observations and recommendations to teams to align their solution architecture based on enterprise technical implementations strategies, roadmaps, requirements, principles, and IT standards. The candidate should be able to work with different stakeholder to guide the creation of requirements and capabilities leveraging approved standard technologies and services and closely collaborate with a team building and delivering the business applications. The specific roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Partners with business leaders to identify cross-functional opportunities that integrate organizational and technological strategies and client’s specific operational requirements as they relate to the organizational strategy. Provides recommendations and implementation plans that align medium-term needs with strategic goals/objectives and obtain stakeholders’ agreements on such activities.
- Act as a liaison between sponsors, business users, team leads, subject matter experts, project, and development teams, and ‘on-premises’ and ‘offshore’ vendor resources.
- Leads meetings with stakeholders to gain in-depth understanding of business needs, spells out business and systems capabilities, and provides direction to more junior resources and/or directing vendors as appropriate.
- Works with clients to understand and document business needs, often eliciting hidden or unclear requirements to ensure that solutions’ expected outcome and benefits are attained. Validates and obtains sign-off for functional requirements/specifications. Prepares and support the development of use cases, business process diagrams, and test use cases, perform SIT and UAT, and provides input into continuous requirements processes and methodology improvements to guide system design and development efforts.
- Perform business analysis for large and complex IBRD-IDA Corporate Finance projects that may impact multiple downstream/upstream business areas, addresses complex processes, comprises considerable process and data analysis and redesign as well as integration of multiple systems and platforms.
- Analyzes process and data flows to identify potential redundancies, overlaps in accountability, key decision points, identify opportunities for process/data harmonization and simplification and drafts proposals for improvements.
- Provides direction to staff and contractors in their area of expertise and being accountable for mentoring and developing technical staff in their domain.
- Understands the organizational mission, values, operations and goals and ITS policies and procedures and serves as a resource to other professionals. Ensures team is compliant and in alignment with the same.
- Drive transformational business processes, productivity, and cost efficiencies through world class IT sourcing and vendor management practices to deliver exceptional solutions.
- Contributes new insights to understand situations and develops solutions to resolve complex problems. Adapts as circumstances require and manages impact of own behavior on others in context of WBG’s values and mission. Identifies and pursues innovative approaches to resolve issues.
- Investigates data and processes issues to accurately identify problem’s root causes and effects, trends and exceptions and linkages between different applications. Reports and identifies areas in need of guidance for resolving complex issues while anticipating potential solutions and soliciting guidance to define criteria, business impact analysis, and prioritization and escalates them as needed.
- Ability to utilize Business Intelligence tools (Power BI) to represent different business insights.
- Hands on with Agile development process and proven ability to prepare project plans, communicate the plan concisely and succinctly to stakeholders and team members and provides a work breakdown structure into more manageable and traceable tasks.
- Familiarity with design and implement authorizations and role management compliant with SOD process requirements.
- Coordinate design and UXM artifacts for web applications and walkthrough with business partners to obtain feedback and approval. Coordinates implementation of PoCs and its alignment with enterprise initiatives, industry best standards, and use of innovative technologies.
- Support implementations in alignment with the ‘cloud first’ institutional strategy and assist teams in coming up with the best approach and orchestration for application development and deployment in-line with the ITS Enterprise Architecture and Office of Information Security guidelines.
- Ensuring that applications adhere to established standards, and organization-wide policies and procedures to monitor compliance, review areas of risk and investigate identified issues, recommend appropriate steps to correct violations and manage tactical and strategic remediation efforts.
- Support and maintain the SAP-STAR system, IDA Web, and IDA Portal platform and applications such as IDADesk, IDA Dashboards, Reports, Transactions, etc.
- As a data domain expert, monitor compliance to Enterprise Data Quality, conform and support data governance initiatives, methodologies, standard operation procedures (SOPs), style guides and presentation material supporting standardization and data quality across the institution.
- Education: Master’s Degree in Information Systems (Computer Science) or related fields with 5 years relevant experience preferably with MDBs OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Role Specific Experience: Minimum 7-10 years relevant experience working on IBRD & IDA finance processes and downstream impact on WBG operations and lending, SAP technologies, Reporting and Analytical tools.
- In-depth knowledge on WBG’s concessional finance vehicles IDA and MDRI business domain is a must. Understanding IDA’s non-concessional financing and its concessional partner lending concepts are highly desirable.
- Proficiency in SAP R3, BW, BO technologies, knowledge in Azure data platform and its services as well as BW Query, Remote Function modules, SAP/BW transactions, Azure ADF, Data Lake, BLOB, Data bricks, etc. for implementing management reporting solutions for business.
- Extensive knowledge in Enterprise-wide implementation of ETL Architectures. Expertise in identifying business conceptual entities, establish entity relationship and design databases with the required attributes.
- Experience in management project documentation and artifacts in compliance with ICFR standards and IT auditing procedures.
- Deep knowledge on IDA and implementing systems for business functions associated Development Financing partner funding like replenishment process, voting rights, PSW, CPL, contributions management, installments, promissory notes, instrument of commitments, commitment authority as well as loans, operational projects and monitoring PBA allocations and resources utilizations, etc.
- Experience in conducting, coordinating, and documenting large solutions testing including analytical data reviews.
- In depth knowledge and experience in developing and implementing business-driven solution architectures in multiple, sophisticated, and complex technical environments while anticipating risks mitigating approaches. Exposure to multiple, diverse technical configurations, technologies, and processing environments.
- Organized, agile, persistent, and proactive. Ability to multi-tasks within tight deadlines and dealing with stakeholders at different capacities.
- Identifies technological opportunities to meet client needs. Partners with appropriate technical consultants, experts, stakeholders, and managers.
- Competency in using Excel for data cleaning, transformation, analysis, and reporting.
- Demonstrated technical implementation of IT projects and solutions using agile methodologies, knowledge of waterfall methodology is desirable.
- Good understanding of the technology landscape, including proven experience in design, development, and implementation of applications with SAP R/3, Web technologies & Cloud including AWS, Azure, SharePoint online, Power BI, etc.
- Participate in the entire software development life cycle for various enterprise systems.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS THAT WILL BE A PLUS
- Good understanding of Azure cloud services for application development and data management.
- Contributes subject matter expertise and demonstrate the business domain skills for other professionals in their field.
- Knowledge of World Bank processes, systems and data is a significant plus.
- Data analysis and rationalization of data.
- Actively seeks knowledge needed to complete assignments and shares knowledge with others, interactive and presenting information in a clear and organized manner.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.