eHealth Africa is focused on improving healthcare by creating effective ways to implement reliable health information management systems. We have developed eHealth and mHealth solutions that can be rapidly deployed to manage patient information, streamline clinical procedures, and provide data and analysis on health program outcomes.
- Experience 7 years
- Location Borno
Purpose of the Position
- The Associate Manager, Program Delivery will coordinate the planning and implementation of daily operations of the projects in accordance with company and project specific standard operating procedures (SOPs), guidelines, budget, timeliness and contracts.
- Other responsibilities include supporting communications activities, attending meetings, and establishing and maintaining relationships with all stakeholders and partner agencies.
What You’ll Do
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
- Work closely with UN agencies, humanitarian partners, Government agencies, and the local host, to ensure eHA visibility in the humanitarian sector.
- Ensure that assigned projects are managed effectively through appropriate, timely, and detailed communication with appropriate internal teams and relevant stakeholders regarding major issues and successes related to the project.
- Assist in the development and implementation of project’s Data Quality Management (DQM) plan to ensure data quality at program and partner level. This includes the development of standard operating procedures, establishment and maintenance of DQA files as well as organizing internal DQA
- Provide necessary technical support to the project team in developing annual work plans and all technical documents and implementing project activities in accordance with key deadlines;
- Monitor and evaluate progress towards meeting project work plan objectives and expected outputs, including selecting progress indicators and monitoring progress in meeting them.
- Assist the Project Manager in the preparation of work plans and selection of progress indicators, and annual implementation plans, while considering the project’s M&E requirements.
- Serves as a resource to the project management team for all inquiries, and issues resolutions for project management, contract budget and remediation, and regulatory document preparation;
- Undertake field-monitoring missions to assess progress of the project implementation using Internews’ standard monitoring and evaluation tools and methodologies;
- Participate in periodic review and planning meetings, generating minutes and lessons learnt documents. Discuss results of data and plan action steps to build on strengths and address weaknesses;
- Support the project team in conducting field assessments and surveys;
- Develop close working relationships with all project partners, participants, and stakeholders;
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative field monitoring and verification of project implementation;
- Provides sound analytical direction to the team to help identify key opportunities and challenges;
- Contributes knowledge and experience of relevant best practices and proposes means of integrating these and ensuring complementarity with the project;
- Provides strategic advice on successful project implementation and possible expansion opportunities;
- Leads on effective planning and reporting (monthly, quarterly, and annually), based on results-based monitoring and evaluation frameworks;
- Ensures effective management of the projects’ resources according to the annual work plan and strategic plan to achieve quality and timely results;
- Monitors financial resources and accounting to ensure accuracy and reliability of financial reporting in line with the budget approved by the donor;
- Provide the project team with paperwork needed to help better plan, monitor, and control activities;
- Work closely with the program team to ensure project success through documenting relevant success stories;
- Any other related duties assigned by the supervisor to ensure program success.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Supervises assigned Project Management staff.
Who You Are
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Epidemiology or Statistics or another related field.
- Minimum of 7 years on the job experience, at least 2years in senior level role NGO experience is an added advantage.
- At least three years of experience in the design and implementation of MERL activities implemented by national/international NGOs
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis, and production of reports.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies
- Strong research and analysis skills.
- Knowledge of the use of data analysis software desirable.
- Experience planning and managing surveys.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills and great attention to detail. Must be able to work as a leader and member of a team and possess good problem solving skills.
- Must possess the ability to organize, instruct and supervise staff while promoting group effort and achievement.
- Must have the ability to manage conflicts and resolve problems effectively.
- Advanced computer skills, including google drive, Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
Certifications and Licenses:
- A project Management (PMI) certification is preferred
- English is the spoken and written language. Fluency in Hausa will be an added advantage.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. English is the spoken and written language
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from executive and senior managers, employees, the general public and clients/partners.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to eHealth Systems Africa on ehealthafrica.bamboohr.com to apply