For over 35 years, the humanitarian aid organization SOLIDARITÃ‰S INTERNATIONAL has been committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
- Experience 2 years
- Location Zamfara
Following an exploratory mission in North West (NW) Nigeria in Zamfara State in November 2020, SI started its activities in Zamfara in the field of WASH, Shelter and FSL by signing a MoU with the State authority on 19th February 2021.
Currently SI has 2 operational bases, one in Gusau the State capital of Zamfara and another sub-base in Anka town where there is a formal IDP camp which is supported by SI for WASH activities.
The current donors are CDCS and ECHO which support the implementation of WASH activities and RRM in Zamfara State.
So far, SI has gained good acceptance both from the population and the authorities based on the pertinence of its interventions and the local recruitment strategy for some positions.
ABOUT THE JOB
Under the line management of the Field Coordinator for North West, and the technical management of the finance coordinator, the Logistics Coordinator and HR Coordinator the roles will be to carry out administrative, accounting, financial, HR and logistics management of SI in the NW, in compliance with donor and Solidarites International procedures.as below:
- Define the needs of administrative and logistics personnel at his/her base, and recruit according to the resources allocated
- Train, support and evaluate the administrative and logistic team at his/her assignment base
- Plan and direct the activities of the administrative and logistics team
- Lead meetings for the administrative and logistics teams
- Conduct performance reviews for members of the administrative and logistics teams
- Organize logistics and administrative support for the programs.
- Support, manage and train the members of his logistics and administrative team.
- Assist the Field Coordinator in the implementation of the security procedures.
Human resources and Team Management
- Prepare of monthly payroll and salary advance and shares to finance for payment.
- Update and share the monthly HR reports
- Monitoring of contract end dates for staff and ensure all contracts are up to date.
- Human resource policies and procedures are maintained, implemented and communicated in line with country legislation and SI human resource policies.
- Ensure that all the EAP are done on good time and file them accordingly.
- Manage entire employee lifecycle by implementing and maintaining systems related to recruitment, on boarding, case management, staff communication, staff exit management
- Update allocation boards for his/her base
- Update and analyze budget follow up in conjunction with logistic and program teams
- Make connections between budgetary consumption and activity progress; Propose solutions if necessary
- Monitor functioning costs at his/her assignment base
- Oversee adherence to donor administrative procedures
- Support the administrative coordinator in formulating financial reports and carrying out audits
- Preparing monthly accounting and financial closure
- Ensuring SI’s SOPs are respected and compliance is ensured before processing payments.
- Record keeping as per updated SAGA.
- Supporting Financial Coordinator for audits, conducted by government and donors
- Assist in formulating budgets for new projects
Specific stakes and challenges
- Empower the inter-department communication (with program, finance, logistics….) at the base level to generate/increase global understanding of the mission and of challenges in the different departments.
- The remote management affects the management capacity and capacity building, limited presence in the field
Priorities for the 2/3 first months
- Harmonize the approach of the supply strategy
- Purchase schedule matching the activities timeframe from the program
- Market assessment quarterly basis to strengthen the price monitoring and update regularly the BoQs
- Framework agreement to mitigate any procurement delay
- Define with the bases/coordination the relevant means for the logistics department (RACI matrix, JD updated….) to suit the new situation of the mission (financial situation, access challenges…)
- Ensure precise monitoring and forecasting of the bases expenses to increase the accuracy of our budgeting (BFU, LFU, BoQs…)
- Conduct regular meetings with the program team at the base level and discuss any appropriate issues with the Coordination
Education background in management, logistics, HR, finance
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant logistics HR and Finance and management experience in emergency and/or development context
- Experience in the management of budgets and the ability to prepare timely, complete, and accurate reports
- Demonstrable knowledge of rules, regulations, and donor policies governing the compliance/regulatory management of procurement rules from US, EU, UN, and other agencies
- Proven ability to develop, implement and support adequate systems, including planning, managing, Supply, budget, HR management
- Previous experience with SI is an asset
- Previous experience in remote management is an asset
Technical skills and knowledge
- Good command of logistics procedures
- Problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to assess challenges and recommend solutions
- Strong management, training/capacity-building skills
- Computer literacy with very good command of MS Office Suite and especially high proficiency in Excel to handle and develops auditing tools with the coordination
Soft skills and spirit
- Autonomy and flexibility
- Stress management skills: the ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines, with peaks of heavy workloads
- Team player, capacity to give a positive dynamic to a young team whilst being fully part of the base’s management team
- Fully fluent English: speaking, reading, and writing skills
- Commitment to the fundamental principles of SI’s charter and ethics
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried post: According to experience, starting from 1800 euros gross per month (+ 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly) and a monthly Per Diem
SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL also covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate’s country of origin and the place of assignment.
Social and medical cover: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Solidarites International on www.solidarites.org to apply