Technical support for the strengthening of youth strategies with a community focus for reconciliation, peaceful coexistence and peace-building with adolescents and young people in the 10 prioritized AETCRs and their communities
Job no: 562966
Position type: Consultant
Location: Colombia Division / Equivalent: Latin America and Caribbean Regional Off
School / Unit: Colombia
Department / Office: Bogota Colombia
Categories: Child Protection
UNICEF works in some of the most difficult places in the world to reach the most disadvantaged children in the world. To save their lives, defend their rights and help them reach their potential.
In 190 countries and territories, we work for all children and adolescents, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
Consulting: Technical support for the strengthening of youth strategies with a community focus for reconciliation, peaceful coexistence, reconciliation and peace-building with adolescents and young people residing in the 10 prioritized AETCRs and their surrounding communities- MPTF Interagency Project
UNICEF COLOMBIA seeks to contribute so that Colombian children and adolescents can live in a country where the State and society guarantee the realization of their rights, social inclusion and non-violence within the framework of national legislation, human rights instruments and international law ” We work with a special focus on the departments where children have the least opportunities: Chocó, Cauca, Nariño, Antioquia, Arauca, Córdoba, Amazonas, Putumayo, La Guajira and Caquetá.
We work so that the 16 million children and adolescents in Colombia have access to protection systems that allow them to live away from violence, abuse and exploitation, with a special focus on gender-based violence.
We strengthen institutions with knowledge and information in favor of the protection of children. Together with the government, we support children and adolescents affected by poverty, inequality and violence.
¡Meet us here !: https://unicef.org.co/que-hacemos
The UNICEF Office in Colombia signed with the National Government, a Cooperation Program and its respective Action Plan for the period from January 1, 2021 to December 31, 2024. These frameworks establish the general results and conditions within which cooperation with Colombian State institutions, the United Nations System, civil society, the private sector must function, etc.
The UNICEF Cooperation Program aims to ensure that girls, boys and adolescents enjoy a strengthened protective environment that guarantees their access and enjoyment to social services, the protection of their educational trajectories and the prevention of all kinds of violence against them. In particular, these actions will focus on three fundamental components: 1 ) support for the implementation of the public policy of Peace with Legality, in the PDET municipalities, with an approach of inclusion of children and adolescents, 2 ) The promotion of migration as a development factor, especially in the promotion and protection of the rights of migrant children and adolescents, returnees and host communities and 3 ) the Sustainable Development Goals,with a special emphasis on those who contribute to the development of a protection environment for children and adolescents, especially the category 6 and 5 municipalities.
Strengthening youth strategies with a community focus for reconciliation, peaceful coexistence, reconciliation and peace building with adolescents and young people residing in the 10 prioritized AETCRs and their surrounding communities, as a contribution to the consolidation of their life projects and to the bets of the interagency project “ Model of comprehensive care in the process of reincorporation into prioritized AETCR, for the consolidation of Peace in PDET territories ”.
- Collect and analyze strategies, programs, projects, reports and other associated documents, capacity building processes with young people, life projects, promotion of leadership and participation in different social and institutional settings, linking the recognition of the needs and particularities of this population at the family and community level.
- Accompany the entire process of identification, construction and implementation of youth initiatives with a community focus that contribute to individual and social life projects, within the framework of peaceful coexistence.
- Provide technical support in the individual strengthening processes of young people in process focused on the 10 prioritized AETCRs and their surrounding communities.
- Adapt the existing community protection strategy to the needs and characteristics of the young population in the AETCR and surrounding communities.
- Provide technical and / or methodological support to the implementing partners who, in agreement with UNICEF, develop actions to carry out the strategy agreed with RNA, CNR and other government allies.
- Seek synergies between the capacity-building strategies for young project participants and the proposals of Resolution 2250 of the United Nations Security Council.
- Carry out the planned AETCR views, adjusting to the project agendas and in coordination with the project allies.
- Coordinate the logistical, technical and methodological preparation of the technical support spaces for the prioritized municipalities and departments
KNOW THE DETALLE OF THE TERMS OF REFERENCE HERE:
Terms of Reference. AETCR Project Protection PUB.pdf
*If you cannot see the attached document go to the global vacancy page https://jobs.unicef.org/en-us/listing/ search for vacancies in Colombia. There you will find the vacancy information, you can download the ToRs and apply.
Note: When applying to the call, please do not attach a technical proposal or economic proposal. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to submit such proposals. The economic proposal must include all the necessary services for the development of the consultancy, including administrative expenses, travel expenses, social security, etc.
- Undergraduate in Social, Human, Political or Administrative Sciences
- Postgraduate in Master’s Modality in areas related to Human, Social or Political Sciences.
- Experience of at least 10 years in the development of institutional and community strengthening strategies in human rights, populations of special protection and armed conflict.
- Experience of approximately 5 years of work with communities in conditions of high vulnerability and risk.
- Community and institutional work experience at the local, departmental and national levels.
- Knowledge of the institutional architecture related to the protection of children and adolescents, victims of the armed conflict, community reintegration.
- Good communication skills, writing and preparing documents
- Relationship capacities with interdisciplinary teams and members of communities and institutions.
Additional requirements for hiring as a consultant…
- Photocopy of the citizenship card
- EPS membership certification
- Bank Certification
For every boy, girl and teenager ..,
For UNICEF, it is essential that those who want to be part of this great mission live our values of Care, Respect, Trust, Integrity and Responsibility, and also demonstrate the basic competences of the organization.
To know our framework of values and competences: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its human team, and encourages all candidates, regardless of their disability situation, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, religion or ethnic origin, to participate in the fulfillment of the Organization’s mission from its different types of connection. In this sense, the Organization is interested in having people committed to promoting gender equality and non-discrimination.
UNICEF fosters an institutional culture based on accountability and a zero tolerance policy against any behavior that goes against values, goals and objectives that the United Nations and the Organization are committed to protecting. This includes the prohibition of any incident of sexual abuse and exploitation by personnel hired by the organization or implementing partners, as well as sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination in the workplace. UNICEF also adheres to the strict principles of the protection of children and adolescents. Therefore, all candidates participating in our selection processes will be subject to rigorous references and background checks, and are expected to comply with these standards and principles.
Persons hired under a consulting or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the United Nations Staff Regulations and Rules and UNICEF policies and procedures, and they will not be entitled to the benefits provided in it ( such as licenses and health insurance coverage ). Its conditions of service will be governed by its contract and the General Conditions for Contracting Services of Individual Consultants and Contractors. Individual consultants and contractors are responsible for determining their tax obligations and the payment of taxes and / or duties, in accordance with local or other laws.
Warned: Jun 12 2023 SA Pacific Standard Time
Application close: Jun 19 2023 SA Pacific Standard Time
Back to list Refer a friend
- Closes Jun 19 2023Technical support for the strengthening of youth strategies with a community focus for reconciliation, peaceful coexistence and peace-building with adolescents and young people in the 10 prioritized AETCRs and their communities in Colombia
At UNICEF we are looking for a passionate and committed consultant to join our team in the MPTF Interagency Project. As a consultant, you will have the incredible opphttps://jobs.unicef.org/mob/cw/en-us/job/562966ortunity to contribute to the strengthening of youth strategies with a community focus in the 10 prioritized AETCRs and their surrounding communities. Your mission will be to promote the development of adolescents and young people residing in these areas, helping them to build a promising future and contribute to the consolidation of peace in their territories. You will work closely with the interagency team, implementing and monitoring strategies that promote reconciliation, peaceful coexistence and community strengthening. ¡If you are ready to make a difference in the lives of young people and contribute to the consolidation of peace in PDET territories,we invite you to join our team!