Job Identification : 10679
Locations : Panama City, Panama Bogota, Colombia
Posting Date : 06/13/2023, 03:52 PM
Apply Before : 06/15/2023, 03:52 PM
Job Schedule : Full time
Agency : UN Volunteers
Grade : NOB
Vacancy Type : Fixed Term
Practice Area : Management
Bureau : UNV
Contract Duration : 2 Year with Possibility for extension
Education & Work Experience : Master’s Degree – 2 year(s) experience OR Bachelor’s Degree – 4 year(s) experience
Required Languages : English, Spanish
Desired Languages : French
Mobility required/no mobility
no mobility required
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The UNV Regional Offices (RO) provide oversight and strategic guidance to the UNV Field Units in their respective geographical assignments and are mainly accountable for the placement of UN Volunteers mobilized for UN Agencies, Funds, and Programmes focused on peace, development, and humanitarian needs. Furthermore, the Regional Offices represent, and strategically position, UNV and bring UNV’s services and solutions closer to its partners from governments, UN entities, civil society and private sector. The Regional Offices also lead in scoping and delivering UNV’s advisory service offer on volunteer infrastructure.
Reporting to the Regional Manager or the Regional Portfolio Specialist, and matrixed to the Volunteer Services Centre (VSC) Talent Acquisition and Recruitment Specialist, the Operations Analyst, Regional Talent Acquisition contributes to the mobilization of UN Volunteers and Online Volunteers through the development and coordination of volunteer talent acquisition activities for the region with a view to attracting and engaging the best talents to serve as UN Volunteers and Online Volunteers. She/he works in close collaboration with Country Coordinators, Operations Analysts, Regional Talent Acquisition in other Regional Offices, and the Talent Acquisition Team in UNV Headquarters to address the volunteer demand of UN partners in the region and globally. She/he promotes a collaborative, client-oriented approach and supports a positive candidate and volunteer experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Development and implementation of regional talent acquisition activities
Develop and implement targeted regional talent acquisition activities as per the UNV talent acquisition plan to attract and retain onsite and online volunteer talents meeting the demand of UN partners in the region and globally
Identify and monitor national and international volunteer recruitment trends and set outreach priorities for the region based on regular demand and supply analysis, as well as volunteer mobilization forecasts
Identify, conduct, and monitor regional outreach campaigns and other talent sourcing techniques aimed at generating a consistent, diverse flow of applications in line with regional and global volunteer recruitment targets, including specific volunteer demographics (persons with disabilities, refugees, young people, gender parity), regions, countries (especially programme countries, Africa, small island developing States, least developed countries and landlocked developing countries) or unique occupational profiles,
Identify local talent sourcing channels and build solid relationships with talents providers, especially for hard-to-fill profiles on demand, record talent sources and track sourcing activities through UNV CRM and and pilot new sourcing techniques as relevant
Report on local outreach and talent sourcing quantitative and qualitative results and take corrective actions as required
Provide input to the corporate talent acquisition plan, success indicators, targets and results reporting
Advise Field Units on questions related to local talent acquisition and outreach and foster cross-country synergies and learning
Back-stop Operations Analysts, Regional Talent Acquisition in other regions as required.
2. Contribution to UNV’s employer branding and volunteer value proposition
Contribute to strengthening UNV’s employer branding by supporting a positive candidate and volunteer experience at all stages of the life cycle
Support the creation of realistic Descriptions of Assignment (DoAs) that meet the host entity’s needs, attract suitable volunteer talents, and can serve as a basis for a successful volunteer assignment
Work with and advise Communications colleagues on creating attractive outreach materials that strengthen UNV’s employer branding and convey UNV’s volunteer value proposition
Collaborate with the Volunteer Advisory Services Section (VASS) to develop key volunteerism messages that resonate with target audiences and support talent attraction at the regional level
Work with and advise the Volunteer Solution Section (VSS), the Capacity Development and Service Desk Teams on creating and communicating an attractive offer to candidates and volunteers
- Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
- Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
- Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility
- Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination
- Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner
- Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationship
Enable Diversity and Inclusion
- Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
Talent sourcing and outreach
- Knowledge of and ability to develop and implement strategies, mechanisms and platforms to ensure the effective outreach to the relevant segments of the labor market, active and passive candidates internally and externally.
EVP management and marketing
- Ability to create and manage employer value proposition and align it to the needs of the organization and the workforce.
- Ability to communicate the value of a product or service.
- Understand the potential as well as the limitations of using data driven innovation;
- Ability to use a mix of data sources (quantitative, qualitative or real-time techniques) to develop understanding, identify patterns to inform decision making or identify opportunities for further exploration.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in human resources management, social sciences, public/business administration, industrial psychology or related fields;
- A Bachelor’s degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the Master’s degree.
- 2 years of relevant experience in talent acquisition, sourcing, recruitment and management or human resources;
- Experience in working with volunteers would be an asset;
- Skills and experience in visual design and related software would be an asset;
- Experience in the usage of Office 365 (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Experience in handling web-based management systems;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Fluency in English and Spanish;
- Working knowledge of French would be an asset.
Please note that continuance of appointment beyond the initial 12 months is contingent upon the successful completion of a probationary period.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted;
- The successful candidate will hold a UNDP letter of appointment;
- This post is open to nationals of Panama or Colombia only.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.