FAO is committed to ensuring – gender, balanced geographic distribution and linguistic diversity – among its staff and the international consultants it employs, to best serve Member States in all regions.
- FAO is committed to ensuring the diversity of its workforce, ensuring balanced representation of women and men as well as nationalities, profiles and cultures.
- Women, nationals ( e ) s of unrepresented or underrepresented Member States and persons with disabilities with the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.
- Everyone working for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct and to respect the values of FAO.
- FAO, as the specialized agency of the United Nations, has adopted a zero tolerance policy with regard to behavior incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of power and discrimination.
- The references and background of all selected candidates will be subject to rigorous verification.
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
FAO works in partnership with governments and other development actors at global, regional and national levels to develop favorable policies and institutional environments. FAO is helping to build the capacity of countries to translate their political commitment into concrete measures to eradicate hunger, food insecurity and malnutrition worldwide. The FAO Representation in Mauritania supports the government in several agricultural and rural development initiatives by working together to make agriculture, more productive and sustainable forestry and fishing by adopting inclusive and efficient agricultural and food systems and by increasing the resilience of livelihoods in the face of climate threats and crises.
The Leader Team in Youth, Gender and Innovation will work under the general supervision of the FAO Representative in Mauritania, under the direct supervision of the Program Officer and the technical supervision of the main technical officials of the projects concerned.
Area of specialization
To support an increasing portfolio of work in the field of innovation in agrifood systems and in particular digital innovation for young people and women, FAO Mauritania seeks to recruit a qualified consultant specializing in gender, youth inclusion and innovation.
Tasks and responsibilities
The Youth Leader Team, Gender and Innovation ( Digitale ) will work closely with FAO staff to:
- Formulate conceptual notes and projects related to youth, gender and innovation themes ( digital ) in agriculture and rural development ;
- Coordinate projects or components of projects and initiatives related to youth, gender and innovation ( digital ) in Agriculture and Rural Development ;
- Support the integration of youth, gender and innovation on the basis of the FAO strategic framework by providing technical advice and support to technical staff ;
- Provide technical guidance, support assessments, studies and initiatives and provide technical support to projects in the field related to youth, gender and innovation including digitization ;
- Direct research and analyzes to support the implementation of programs and projects related to the themes ;
- Provide technical leadership in raising awareness and developing the capacities of ministries and other national / local stakeholders concerned with the empowerment of young people/women and their integration into agriculture and rural development policy in the country ;
- Support Representation in the identification, promotion and use of innovative solutions including digitization aimed at promoting sustainable and integrated production systems for culture, livestock and aquaculture.
- Identify, develop, maintain and strengthen national partnerships and with donors ;
- Collaborate with United Nations agencies, universities, research and training institutes and participate, where appropriate, in working groups in the respective technical fields ;
- Collect and share learning and best practices from the Unit, both internally and externally; and
- Perform any other task in relation to the terms of reference or deemed necessary for the achievement of the objectives of the projects.
THE ( E ) CANDIDATE WILL BE SELECTED ( E ) S ACCORDING TO THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
Minimum conditions to be fulfilled
- Minimum university degree ( Bac + 4 ) in social sciences, economic sciences, political sciences, rural development, or equivalent.
- Expérience d’au moins 5 ans dans la programmation en matière de genre, de jeunesse, inclusion sociale et innovation (digitale), idéalement en milieu rural.
- Une connaissance courante (niveau C) du Français, une connaissance moyenne (niveau B) de l’anglais et la connaissance pratique de l’Arabe et/ou soninké, poular est un atout.
- Avoir nationalité mauritanienne.
Compétences de base exigées par la FAO
- Attention portée aux résultats
- Avoir l’esprit d’équipe
- Sens de la communication
- Établissement de relations constructives
- Partage des connaissances et amélioration continue
Critères de sélection
La/le titulaire devra avoir l’expérience et les connaissances suivantes :
- Connaissance approfondie des politiques et des programmes de développement rural et des pratiques en agriculture qui favorisent l’emploi des jeunes et l’égalité entre les hommes et les femmes.
- Solide expérience et connaissance des questions relatives à la jeunesse, le genre, l’inclusion sociale, ainsi que l’innovation avec accent sur la digitalisation.
- Capacité à diriger une équipe pluridisciplinaire et multiculturelle.
- Expérience des relations avec les gouvernements nationaux, les organismes régionaux et les organisations internationales sur les questions de jeunesse, genre, inclusion sociale et innovation.
- Connaissance approfondie des thématiques dans le contexte du pays, y compris les ONG, les agences gouvernementales, les organisations de la société civile.
- In-depth understanding of gender, age and other important socio-cultural factors at the local level in the context of Agriculture and resilience programs.
- Proven knowledge in the management of gender, youth, social inclusion and innovation projects ( digital ).
- Excellent communication, writing and analysis skills.
- Ability to establish good relations with partners and to produce rapid and adequate responses.
- Mastery of IT / Microsoft tools.
- FAO does not collect fees at any stage of recruitment ( application, interview, file processing ).
- Incomplete application files will not be examined. For any questions or requests for assistance, please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date of the notice will not be accepted.
- Please note that FAO only takes into account university degrees and degrees issued by recognized institutions listed in the World Higher Education Database, the list updated by the International Association of Universities ( IAU ) / UNESCO. To access the list, please click here www.whed.net/
- For other questions, please consult the Employment web page at FAO: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/fr/
Please note that all candidates must adhere to the values of FAO – commitment to the Organization, respect for everyone, integrity and transparency.
HOW TO POSTULATE
- To apply, please complete the online form on the FAO recruitment website, Jobs at FAO. Incomplete application files will not be examined.
- Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
- Applicants are encouraged to register their applications with a largely sufficient period of time before the deadline.
- To get help, write to: Careers@fao.org.
FAO IS A NON-FUMEUR AREA.