HR Analyst, Talent and Incentives
Job #: req22789
Sector: Human Resources
Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Location: Washington, DC,United States
Required Language(s): English
Preferred Language(s): Closing Date: 6/1/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit www.ifc.org .
IFC’s Human Resources (HR) Department provides strategic partnership to the business to develop and implement workforce strategies and meet organizational goals, including attracting, developing, and deploying diverse and skilled talent.
- Client Services – offers strategic HR partnership, program implementation, support, and solutions to staff and management globally.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – supports the organization to build a diverse workforce, embrace equity, and foster an inclusive workplace.
- Employment Framework and Recruitment – develops and supports HR strategy, policies/procedures, communications, and knowledge management; drives HR initiatives, such as staff engagement and Board reporting; and delivers recruitment solutions.
- Talent and Incentives – designs best practice HR solutions in onboarding, mentoring, career management and mobility, performance/talent management, incentives and awards, and leadership development.
The IFC HR function addresses IFC specific business needs with dedicated teams. The IFC HR Talent and Incentives Team (CHRPM) oversees the design and supports the implementation of improved HR processes, practices, programs, and tools. The CHRPM Team works with HR Business Partners and client departments/VPU to deliver products that meet the business needs of IFC.
IFC is seeking two HR Analysts to be based in Washington, DC to support the design and implementation of talent and incentives programs for IFC. The position will report to the HR Manager, Talent and Incentives and will be part of the IFC HR Department.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Support the design, review, improvement, and implementation of Talent and Incentives programs’ approach including systems and tools.
- Deliver the analysis and interpretation of Talent and Incentives benchmarking information to actively drive improvements.
- Effectively communicate powerful and motivating visualizations of HR and related metrics and develop compelling stories that drive business to action.
- Provide active cross-cutting support within Talent and Incentives team through data analysis and interpretation by developing compelling visual stories to facilitate HR and business decisions.
- Analyze data and generate reports, communications, and presentations for management.
- Support the design of Talent and Incentives program through historical program analysis and modelling of design proposals to support IFC’s strategy.
- Support the annual implementation of Talent and Incentives programs, including the development of Excel databases to facilitate the program administration, preparing presentations to HR Client Services teams etc.
- As part of the team, drive key data collection and reporting activities across programs.
- Maintain documentation, develop project plans and status reports on key HR initiatives.
- Perform research as needed to support the team in solving Talent and Incentives related issues and provide timely responses and resolutions to internal clients.
- Stay ahead of recent trends in Talent and Incentives practices and share best practices.
- Participate in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Finance, Business, or a similar field is desired but not mandatory, and minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or a minimum of 4 years of experience plus a bachelor’s degree.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to assimilate extensive data and provide actionable recommendations.
- A detail-oriented self-starter who can work independently and follow broad and complex instructions.
- Strong organizational skills including project management experience, planning, organizing, and reviewing skills.
- Excellent team and collaborative skills across boundaries.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain working relationships across levels of staff and managers.
- Ability to see big picture, think strategically, and deliver pragmatic and structured solutions to client/business needs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting work priorities and demands and to prioritize and manage delivery risks.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and facilitation skills. Specifically, ability to present, explain and discuss results of analyses to effectively drive fact-based decision making within all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency in use, implementation, and management of HR systems and tools.
- Ability to analyze issues and write succinct reports in a non-technical and business-like manner
- Preferred candidates are likely to have experience of working from global organizations.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.