Strategic Planning Specialist ( 1 position )
Job advertisement : May 05, 2023
Publication cancellation date : May 19, 2023, 9:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FLBOL – FAO Representation in Bolivia
Job type : Temporary work
Requirement Type: NPP ( National Project Personnel )
Grade Level: N / A
Main location : Bolivia, Plurinational State of-La Paz
Duration: 3 months ( with possibility of extension )
Position Number: N / A
FAO seeks to ensure gender, geographic and linguistic diversity among its staff and its international consultants, in order to serve the Member States of the Organization in the best possible way in all regions.
- FAO is committed to achieving diversity in its workforce in terms of sex, nationality, origin and culture.
- Women, nationals of under-represented or under-represented Member States and persons with disabilities with the necessary qualifications are encouraged to submit their applications.
- All persons working for FAO must comply with the highest standards of professional integrity and conduct and uphold FAO’s values.
- FAO, as a specialized agency of the United Nations, applies a zero tolerance policy for conduct incompatible with its statute, objectives and mandate, in particular sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- All requests will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The Project “ Support for strengthening strategic governance, planning and coordination, monitoring mechanisms and evaluation of national MDRyT programs ”, contributes to the Government Priorities ( PG ) of Bolivia within the framework of the Bolivian MPP, in Nutritional Food Security with Sovereignty, Ecological agri-food systems, community and peasant family farming and the comprehensive and sustainable management of forests, water and biodiversity of the Ministry of Rural Development and Lands ( MDRyT ). As well as SDGs 16.6: Create effective and transparent accountability institutions at all levels and SDG 2.4 By 2030, ensure the sustainability of food production systems and apply resilient agricultural practices that increase productivity and production,contribute to the maintenance of ecosystems, strengthen the capacity to adapt to climate change, extreme weather events, droughts, floods and other disasters, and progressively improve the quality of the soil and land of the Plurinational State of Bolivia. The Project has the impact of contributing to SDG 16.6: Create effective and transparent accountability institutions at all levels and SDG 2.4 By 2030, ensure the sustainability of food production systems and apply resilient agricultural practices that increase productivity and production, contribute to the maintenance of ecosystems, strengthen the ability to adapt to climate change, extreme weather events, droughts, floods and other disasters,and progressively improve the quality of the soil and soil. Likewise, achieve a result in favor of the Ministry of Rural Development and Land ( MDRyT ) having a Program Unit, consolidated in budgetary and governance terms, for monitoring and monitoring the implementation, impacts and evaluation of the 12 national MDRyT investment programs. The project requires hiring 1 Specialist in Strategic Planning, for the following work base: Work Base: The project requires hiring 1 Specialist in Strategic Planning, for the following work base: Work Base: The project requires hiring 1 Specialist in Strategic Planning, for the following work base: Work Base:
The Specialist will work under the supervision of the Assistant Representative ( Programs ), having to carry out their duties permanently, according to office hours.
Field of specialization
ArcGIS, GPS and other databases.
Tasks and responsibilities
- In coordination with the MDRyT, it will develop planning for the implementation of the Project in the foreseen times and the technical monitoring of activities, to achieve the indicators and products.
- Implement the proposed actions in the technical areas in coordination with the team to build the mechanisms that identify the main problems regarding the institutional capacities of the MDRyT and the Unit of programs.
- Collect, analyze and synthesize technical information to establish the program unit and the monitoring, monitoring and evaluation system of the programs / projects carried out by the MDRyT.
- Support in preparing the report on the technical and legal criteria for the design of implementation of a program unit accompanied by the monitoring, monitoring and evaluation system of the MDRyT.
- Support the proper implementation of the technical needs identified and prioritized for the MDRyT monitoring, monitoring and evaluation system.
- Collect and analyze the exchange of experiences in the installation of similar Monitoring Units in other national instances ( other Ministries ) and in the region.
- Support in the development of a methodological guide to transfer skills and abilities that allow the formation of the MDRyT program unit in all its areas and needs.
- Support in the elaboration of a map of actors ( internal and external ) and develop the mechanisms of integration of the same with that of the unit of programs for its operation.
- Support in the structuring of the guidelines of the Program Unit, and development of the proposal of functions, competences, processes and procedures, including the professional profiles of the unit, for subsequent approval by the MDRyT’s internal administrative technical mechanism.
- Support in the development and development of instruments for training and proper management of the system, including workshops of personnel assigned to manage the system.
- Support in the preparation of the guide of flows of processes and procedures, in accordance with the modules developed, articulating the portfolio of projects managed by the program unit.
- Support in carrying out the pilot test, verifying the adequate implementation of tools and modules developed to evaluate the system for monitoring, monitoring and technical and financial evaluation of programs / projects.
- Support the technical aspects of the implementation of the modules through a document that adequately describes the monitoring, monitoring and evaluation plan of the program / project portfolio.
- Support and coordinate with the computer specialist the criteria of the technical area that must be established to form a data bank, which allows the proper administration and management of information.
- Preparation of periodic reports requested by the FAO monitoring team.
- Validation with the technical team of the MDRyT on the proposal of functions, competences, processes and procedures of the Program Unit.
THE CANDIDATES WILL BE EVALUED IN ARRANGE TO THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Professional title in related areas: Agronomic Engineering, Ing. Forestry, Agricultural Sciences and Rural Development, Graduates in administration, Economics, Business Administration, Ing. Commercial, Economic, Social and related Sciences with experience in design and monitoring of development projects.
- Courses related to Databases, ArcGIS, GPS, and others.
- Professional experience of at least 5 years in the preparation, monitoring and / or evaluation of Agricultural Projects.
- Professional experience of at least 3 years in Technical Assistance and Training in agricultural or livestock production.
- Practical knowledge of Spanish
- Bolivian nationality.
FAO core competencies
- Results-based approach
- Building effective relationships
- Knowledge exchange and continuous improvement
- FAO does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process ( application, interview, processing ).
- Incomplete applications will not be taken into account. If you need help or have questions, contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the expiration of the application deadline will not be accepted.
- We inform you that FAO will only consider academic degrees or credentials obtained from a teaching institution included in the World Database on Higher Education, which is a list maintained by the International Association of Universities ( IAU ) / UNESCO. The list can be consulted at: www.whed.net/
- For any other questions visit the FAO website on employment: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/es/ .
It is noted that all candidates should adhere to the Organization’s values of commitment to FAO, respect for all and integrity and transparency.
PRESENTATION OF REQUESTMENTS
- If you want to apply, go to the FAO Recruitment Website ( Employment in FAO ) and complete your online profile.
- Incomplete applications will not be taken into account. Only applications received through the contracting portal will be considered.
- We advise candidates to submit their application sufficiently in advance of the expiration of the term.
- If you need help, contact: Careers@fao.org.
IN THE LOCALS OF FAO IT IS FORBIDDEN TO SMOKE