SPECIALIST IN INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN
Job advertisement : May 8, 2023
Publication cancellation date : May 22, 2023, 9:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: RLC
Job type : Temporary work
Requirement Type: PSA ( Personal Service Agreements )
Grade Level: N / A
Main location : Chile-Santiago
Duration: 3 months renewable
Position Number: N / A
_ FAO seeks to ensure gender, geographic and linguistic diversity among its staff and its international consultants, in order to serve the Member States of the Organization in the best possible way in all regions.
- FAO is committed to achieving diversity in its workforce in terms of sex, nationality, origin and culture.
- Women, nationals of under-represented or under-represented Member States and persons with disabilities with the necessary qualifications are encouraged to submit their applications.
- All persons working for FAO must comply with the highest standards of professional integrity and conduct and uphold FAO’s values.
- FAO, as a specialized agency of the United Nations, applies a zero tolerance policy for conduct incompatible with its statute, objectives and mandate, in particular sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- All requests will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The activities are part of the regional project “ Support for the Hunger Free Latin America Initiative ” GCP / RLA / 160/SPA and more specifically in the Baby 2 component of said project “ Training Center in Public Policies ” ( FAO Training ). The Public Policy Training Nucleus is a technical team specialized in e-learning, dedicated to designing, implement and evaluate training strategies to strengthen technical capacities linked to FAO priority themes. It is integrated into the Project to Support the Initiative for Latin America and the Caribbean without hunger ( IALCSH ), of the Spain FAO Program, from the FAO Regional Office for Latin America and the Caribbean.
The Training Nucleus offers training proposals in different modalities such as: self-learning courses, virtual courses with tutor, blended-to-face, communities of practice, seminars and Webinars, among others.
The/the specialist will work under the general coordination of the Technical Officer of the Spain-FAO Fund and coordinator of the project to Support the Hunger-Free Latin America Initiative and direct supervision of the coordination of the Training Center in Public Policies.
Field of specialization
The specialist will be in charge of carrying out the instructional design and the review and / or pedagogical design of activities and / or educational materials carried out at FAO Training, following FAO guidelines and corresponding quality standards.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Know and implement in the different products that are requested, different methodologies and learning theories such as constructivism, connectivity, andragogy, application of theory in practice
- Study the components of FAO’s global capacity development strategy
- Contribute to the development of the regional capacity development strategy
- Participate in the design and implementation of the capacity development safeguard at the regional level
- Study the FAO strategic framework and the regional technical program ( the 3 Regional Initiatives )
- Know and integrate FAO’s gender approach
- Learn about and integrate FAO’s regional collaboration strategy with indigenous and Afro-descendant peoples
- Know and implement the FAO style manual
- Know and implement the FAO methodology Training to ensure the quality of our training and knowledge management products
- Get to know the FAO platform Training and the Rise, Articulate and authorship software of Scorm packages
- Know and meet the team schedule ( with weekly follow-up )
- Review, correct, adapt texts ( spelling, grammar, etc. ) according to the FAO style manual
- Prepare and review training activity sheets
- Prepare and / or review complementary material to the course units as the main menu ( or keypad )
- Prepare and review evaluation activities of different types
- Be part of the production cycle to deliver, receive, review inputs for the production of training ( coordination with the different team profiles )
- Participate in internal team meetings
- Participate in meetings with FAO partners Training
- Know and use the team tools for the systematization of information and the production process ( Email, Teams, zoom, online documents, WhatsApp )
- Propose and / or implement pedagogical improvements in FAO’s work modalities Training
- Advice to contentedists for writing the units
- Support in the development of diagnoses, surveys and reports
- Giving answers ( of pedagogical explanation ) to queries from a student ( for example, in self-learning courses doubts often arise about some evaluation question, which is sometimes derived to the expert on the subject )
- Other tasks that arise in the team linked to the specialty of the profile
THE CANDIDATES WILL BE EVALUED IN ARRANGE TO THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA: Minimum requirements
– University degree in areas of pedagogy, education, psychology, sociology, and / or related to the position – Knowledge of English level B ( fluent language management at reading level/writing ) – Verifiable experience of at least 3 years in instructional design and development of digital educational materials – Verifiable work experience, minimum 3 years with multidisciplinary teams related to virtual education – Chilean nationality or permanent residence in the country.
FAO core competencies
– Results-based approach – Teamwork – Communication – Establishing effective relationships – Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
Technical / functional skills
– Commitment to your production and that of the team – Teleworking skills – Very good writing of texts ( Spanish and English ) – Knowledge of institutional dynamics is an advantage – Management Microsoft Office tools – Knowledge of the Moodle platform is an advantage
It is noted that all candidates should adhere to the Organization’s values of commitment to FAO, respect for all and integrity and transparency.
- FAO does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process ( application, interview, processing ).
- Incomplete applications will not be taken into account. If you need help or have questions, contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the expiration of the application deadline will not be accepted.
- We inform you that FAO will only consider academic degrees or credentials obtained from a teaching institution included in the World Database on Higher Education, which is a list maintained by the International Association of Universities ( IAU ) / UNESCO. The list can be consulted at: www.whed.net/
- For any other questions visit the FAO website on employment: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/es/.
HOW TO APPLY Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT