Process specialist for the preparation of manuals and guides ( 1 post )
Job advertisement : May 05, 2023
Publication cancellation date : May 19, 2023, 9:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FLBOL – FAO Representation in Bolivia
Job type : Temporary work
Requirement Type: NPP ( National Project Personnel )
Grade Level: N / A
Main location : Bolivia, Plurinational State of-La Paz
Duration: 3 months ( with possibility of extension )
Position Number: N / A
FAO seeks to ensure gender, geographic and linguistic diversity among its staff and its international consultants, in order to serve the Member States of the Organization in the best possible way in all regions.
- FAO is committed to achieving diversity in its workforce in terms of sex, nationality, origin and culture.
- Women, nationals of under-represented or under-represented Member States and persons with disabilities with the necessary qualifications are encouraged to submit their applications.
- All persons working for FAO must comply with the highest standards of professional integrity and conduct and uphold FAO’s values.
- FAO, as a specialized agency of the United Nations, applies a zero tolerance policy for conduct incompatible with its statute, objectives and mandate, in particular sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- All requests will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The Project “ Support for strengthening strategic governance, planning and coordination, monitoring mechanisms and evaluation of national MDRyT programs ”, contributes to the Government Priorities ( PG ) of Bolivia within the framework of the Bolivian MPP, in Nutritional Food Security with Sovereignty, Ecological agri-food systems, community and peasant family farming and the comprehensive and sustainable management of forests, water and biodiversity of the Ministry of Rural Development and Lands ( MDRyT ). As well as SDGs 16.6: Create effective and transparent accountability institutions at all levels and SDG 2.4 By 2030, ensure the sustainability of food production systems and apply resilient agricultural practices that increase productivity and production,contribute to the maintenance of ecosystems, strengthen the capacity to adapt to climate change, extreme weather events, droughts, floods and other disasters, and progressively improve the quality of the soil and land of the Plurinational State of Bolivia. The Project has the impact of contributing to SDG 16.6: Create effective and transparent accountability institutions at all levels and SDG 2.4 By 2030, ensure the sustainability of food production systems and apply resilient agricultural practices that increase productivity and production, contribute to the maintenance of ecosystems, strengthen the ability to adapt to climate change, extreme weather events, droughts, floods and other disasters,and progressively improve the quality of the soil and soil. Likewise, achieve a result in favor of the Ministry of Rural Development and Land ( MDRyT ) having a Program Unit, consolidated in budgetary and governance terms, for monitoring and monitoring the implementation, impacts and evaluation of the 12 national MDRyT investment programs. The project requires hiring 1 Process specialist to prepare manuals and guides, for the following work base: Work Base: The project requires hiring 1 Process specialist to prepare manuals and guides, for the following work base: Work Base: The project requires hiring 1 Process specialist to prepare manuals and guides, for the following work base: Work Base:
The Specialist will work under the supervision of the Assistant Representative ( Programs ), having to carry out their duties permanently, according to office hours.
Field of specialization
Monitoring and evaluation of programs and projects.
Tasks and responsibilities
- In coordination with the MDRyT, it will develop planning for the implementation of the Project in the foreseen times and the technical monitoring of activities, to achieve the indicators and products.
- Carry out the proposed actions in the technical areas of S&E of projects in coordination with the team for the construction of the mechanisms that identify the main problems regarding the institutional capacities of the MDRyT and the Program Unit.
- Collect, analyze and synthesize technical information to strengthen the S&E criteria of the program unit and the system for monitoring, monitoring and evaluating the programs / projects carried out by the MDRyT.
- Collaborate in the preparation of the report on the technical and legal criteria for the design of implementation of a program unit accompanied by the monitoring, monitoring and evaluation system of the MDRyT.
- Prepare a proposal for the proper implementation of the technical needs identified and prioritized for the MDRyT monitoring, monitoring and evaluation system.
- Collect and analyze the exchange of experiences in S&E in the installation of similar Monitoring Units in other national instances ( other Ministries ) and in the region.
- Support in the development of a methodological guide to transfer skills and abilities that allow the formation of the MDRyT program unit in all its areas and needs.
- Collaborate in the elaboration of a map of actors ( internal and external ) and develop the mechanisms of integration of the same with that of the unit of programs for its operation.
- Collaborate in the elaboration and structuring of the guidelines of the Program Unit and in the development of the proposal of functions, competences, processes and procedures, including the professional profiles of the unit, for subsequent approval by the internal administrative technical mechanism of the MDRyT.
- Develop specific instruments in S&E, for training and proper management of the system, including workshops of the personnel assigned to manage the system.
- Support in the preparation of the guide of flows of processes and procedures, in accordance with the modules developed, articulating the portfolio of projects managed by the program unit.
- Support in carrying out the pilot test, verifying the adequate implementation of tools and modules developed to evaluate the system for monitoring, monitoring and technical and financial evaluation of programs / projects.
- Prepare the specific S&E modules through a document that adequately describes the monitoring, monitoring and evaluation plan for the program / project portfolio.
- Apoyar y coordinar con el especialista informático los criterios técnicos de S&E que deben establecerse para conformar un banco de datos, que permita la adecuada administración y manejo de la información.
- Elaboración de informes periódicos solicitados por el equipo de monitoreo de FAO.
- Validación con el equipo técnico del MDRyT sobre la propuesta de funciones, competencias, procesos y procedimientos de la Unidad de Programas.
LOS CANDIDATOS SERÁN EVALUADOS CON ARREGLO A LOS SIGUIENTES CRITERIOS:
- Título profesional en áreas relacionadas: Economía, Administración de Empresas, Ing. Comercial, Ciencias Económicas y/o Financieras u otros afines.
- Cursos relacionados en seguimiento y evaluación de Programas y Proyectos
- Experiencia profesional de al menos 3 años en desarrollo organizacional institucional.
- Experiencia profesional de al menos 3 años en el fortalecimiento organizacional y elaboración de guías y manuales institucionales.
- Conocimiento práctico de español
- Nacionalidad boliviana.
Competencias fundamentales de la FAO
- Enfoque basado en los resultados
- Trabajo en equipo
- Establecimiento de relaciones eficaces
- Intercambio de conocimientos y mejora continua
- La FAO no cobra tasas en ninguna etapa del proceso de contratación (solicitud, entrevista, tramitación).
- Las solicitudes incompletas no se tendrán en cuenta. Si necesita ayuda o tiene dudas, contacte con: Careers@fao.org
- Las solicitudes recibidas después del vencimiento del plazo de presentación de solicitudes no se aceptarán.
- We inform you that FAO will only consider academic degrees or credentials obtained from a teaching institution included in the World Database on Higher Education, which is a list maintained by the International Association of Universities ( IAU ) / UNESCO. The list can be consulted at: www.whed.net/
- For any other questions visit the FAO website on employment: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/es/ .
It is noted that all candidates should adhere to the Organization’s values of commitment to FAO, respect for all and integrity and transparency.
PRESENTATION OF REQUESTMENTS
- If you want to apply, go to the FAO Recruitment Website ( Employment in FAO ) and complete your online profile.
- Incomplete applications will not be taken into account. Only applications received through the contracting portal will be considered.
- We advise candidates to submit their application sufficiently in advance of the expiration of the term.
- If you need help, contact: Careers@fao.org.
IN THE LOCALS OF FAO IT IS FORBIDDEN TO SMOKE