Specialist in software design and development for the National Greenhouse Gas Inventories System ( SINGEI )
Job Announcement : 02 / May / 2023
Date of cancellation of publication : May 16, 2023, 9:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FLECU
Type of position : Temporary work
Requisition Type: NPP ( National Project Personnel )
Grade Level: N / A
Main location : Ecuador-Quito
Duration: 2 months renewable after evaluation
Post Number: N / A
FAO strikes for gender, geographic and linguistic diversity among its staff and international consultants, in order to best serve the Organization’s Member Nations in all regions.
- FAO is committed to achieving diversity in its workforce in terms of gender, nationality, origin and culture.
- Women, nationals of underrepresented or unrepresented Member States and people with disabilities who possess the necessary qualifications are encouraged to apply.
- All people who work for FAO are held to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct and uphold FAO’s values.
- FAO, as a specialized agency of the United Nations, has a policy of zero tolerance for conduct inconsistent with its statute, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- All successful candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- All requests will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The position is located in the city of Quito, Ecuador
Under the direct supervision of the FAO Representative in Ecuador, of the LTO (Leading Technical Officer), the coordination of the FAO PROAmazonía project, and in collaboration with Component 4 of PROAmazonía, and MAATE, the Specialist will be responsible for: Field of specialization
Design, develop and validate the modules of the National Greenhouse Gas Inventories System (SINGEI), corresponding to the USCUSS sector.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Preparation of a general work plan for the activities to be carried out during the period of this contract.
- Develop the SINGEI results entry and supplier administrator modules related to the LULUCF sector, based on the functional design, interface and user experience previously validated by the Undersecretary for Climate Change of the Ministry of the Environment, Water and Ecological Transition.
- Carry out the analysis, design and implementation of interoperability protocols for the collection of base data for the calculation of emissions generated in the LULUCF sector, using the previous documentation generated by component 4 of PROAmazon and the FAO PROAmazon project.
- Articulate with the Undersecretary for Climate Change and SITEAA and / or the Information and Communication Technologies Directorate for the generation of the documentation required for the implementation of the SINGEI. This documentation will be made based on the scope of the automation carried out by the FAO PROAmazonía project and must later be complemented by the team responsible for the development of the modules of the Agriculture, Waste, Energy and Industrial Processes and Use of Products sectors, prior to their presentation. and validation to the SUIA and / or the Directorate of Information and Communication Technologies.
- Apply the policy, procedures, instructions and good practices of the industry for change control, software development, quality assurance, help desk, knowledge management, management of projects issued by SITEAA, for the design, development and implementation of the required tool.
- Develop functionality tests of the SINGEI modules developed, with the participation of technicians from the Undersecretary of Climate Change, FAO PROAmazonía, SITEAA and the Directorate of Information and Communication Technologies.
- Plan, organize and develop capacity building sessions for the use and administration of the SINGEI modules developed, to the different dependencies of the Ministry of the Environment, Water and Ecological Transition and other public-private institutions that provide information for the LULUCF sector.
- Deliver the programming code and documentation generated to those responsible for the development of the SINGEI modules related to the Agriculture, Waste, Energy and Industrial Processes and Product Use sectors and/or to the Undersecretary for Climate Change, as well as provide assistance technique that is required to facilitate the correct integration of all SINGEI modules.
- Follow up on the quality tests and go to production of the SINGEI modules previously developed, including the development of changes that are required to solve the observations made by SITEAA.
- Articulate the activities and tasks with the FAO PROAmazonía team and the counterparts and implementing partners of this Program as appropriate.
- Other activities that are required within the framework of the needs of the project and the representation of FAO Ecuador.
- Prepare logs, monthly plans and reports within the deadlines established by FAO.
- Generate a file with all the supporting documentation related to all the activities carried out within the framework of this consultancy (minutes, official letters, reports, etc.)
CANDIDATES WILL BE EVALUATED ACCORDING TO THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Professional with a third-level degree in Systems Engineering, Software Development Engineering or careers related to systems and computing.
- Demonstrated work experience of at least 3 years in analysis and software development.
- Demonstrated experience of at least 2 years in software development with Java EE.
- Practical knowledge of C-level Spanish
- National of Ecuador
FAO Core Competencies
- Results-based approach
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
- Knowledge of SQL, handling and structure of the POSTGRES database
- Desirable professional experience in managing document managers (preferably Alfresco).
- Desirable experience using the Jboss application server.
- Desirable work experience in software development projects in the public sector.
- Desirable experience in systematizing reports and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and present results with high quality standards
- Ability to coordinate, teamwork and conflict management
- Ability to systematize experiences and processes.
- Availability of full-time work and office presence
- Availability to travel to the provinces of intervention of the project
- Supporting documents work experience.
- FAO does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help or have questions, please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the application submission deadline has expired will not be accepted.
- We inform you that FAO will only consider degrees or academic credentials obtained at an educational institution included in the World Database on Higher Education, which is a list maintained by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/UNESCO. The list can be consulted at: www.whed.net/
- For all other questions visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/ .
It is noted that all candidates should adhere to the Organization’s values of commitment to FAO, respect for all, and integrity and transparency.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
- If you would like to apply, go to the FAO recruitment website ( Jobs at FAO) and complete your online profile.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
- We advise candidates to apply well in advance of the deadline.
- If you need help, contact: Careers@fao.org.
SMOKING IS PROHIBITED ON FAO PREMISES