Heifer International does so much more than put food in the mouths of hungry people. Heifer helps people feed themselves. The goal of every Heifer project is sustainability – project partners achieving self-reliance
And year after year, as partner families Pass on the Gift of knowledge and one or more of their animals’ offspring to others in need, they become links in a network of hope, dignity and self-reliance that helps hundreds of others care for themselves
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Coordinator, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning – AYuTe
Job ID: 609
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Category: Monitoring and Evaluation
- Senior Coordinator, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning – AYuTe will be responsible for designing and implementing Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Systems for the AYuTe project in Africa.
- Strong emphasis is on efficiency, quality, data collection, analysis and reporting, while providing technical input to the project review and ensure conformity with Heifer global standards and stakeholder expectations.
- The Senior Coordinator, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) – AyuTe will report to the Youth and Innovation Lead – Africa.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
A.) Implement Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Systems for AYuTe project development towards sustainable impact (35%):
- Collect and manage data to support needs assessment, impact analysis, project design, theory of change, results framework, indicators, target setting and progress management.
- Collate information and maintain record of performance of farmer cooperatives/ associations for progress reporting and activities panning.
- Conduct and manage project baseline, living income benchmarking and monitor project progress, and evaluations as documented in the MELs plan.
- Ensure the effective implementation of MELs policies, procedures and guidelines for the AYuTe project.
- Emphasize result –based approach to monitoring and evaluation, emphasizing results and impacts
- Coordinate/ensure preparation of all AYuTe monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual project reports.
- Ensure proper use of available digital tools and technology for effectively managing MELs activities on the AYuTe project.
- Elevate MELs related challenges to supervisor for coordination with the SVP – Africa Programs, to find timely solutions
- Liaise with BDDE-MELS to ensure AYuTe MEL systems design and implementation are in line with Heifer global standards
- Undertake field visits to support implementation of MELs and to identify where adaptations might be needed.
B.) Contribute to Program Effectiveness: Design Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Systems for AYuTe project (25%):
- Design and manage data collection tools, plans and processes for all required information, ensuring high quality and integrity of data.
- Periodic review and adjust MELs plans and targets, tools and processes to ensure they are realistic.
- Ensure alignment of AYuTe project’s MELs plans and procedures with organization’s standards and requirements.
C.) Data Management, Analysis and Utilization for Learning. (20%):
- Ensure timely data availability and reporting to stakeholders as needed.
- Respond to stakeholders’ requests for additional information on project activities and results.
- Document lessons learned, successes, failures and best practices via case studies and collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA).
- Develop and monitor CP level action agenda to ensure that they are refined and acted upon.
- Generate quarterly, bi-annual and annual reports/ as required.
D.) Learning / Capacity Development (15%):
- Continuously capacitate staff on MELs activities as required to provide clarity and equip them to deliver responsibilities efficiently.
- Conduct peer/exchange, Monitoring and Control visits periodically.
- Support Heifer-wide research for learning when needed.
E.) Any Other Assigned Functions (5%):
- Perform other job-related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Development, Economics, Statistics, or other relevant disciplines with focus on Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Minimum of Eight (8) years of substantial monitoring and evaluation experience.
- Master’s Degree in a MEL related field is an advantage.
- Experience in designing MEL systems.
- Background conducting multi-national MEL work, including designing, collecting, quality assuring, aggregating, and reporting on MEL from multiple projects.
- Experience with qualitative evaluation.
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating and working with international donors and grantees on PMEL/MLE systems.
- Experience in managing databases and coordinating evaluations, surveys and impact monitoring.
Most Critical Proficiencies:
- Innovative, analytical, and solutions oriented.
- A good understanding of and sensitivity to issues associated with poverty, hunger, agriculture and the environment, and knowledge of the context in which non-profit organizations operate.
- Demonstrated experience in statistical analysis, reporting and analyzing program performance.
- Knowledge of market systems interventions and linkages to poverty alleviation.
- Excellent organizational skills, including strong attention to detail.
- Proven experience in building the capacity of partner institutions to document and disseminate industry information, manage knowledge, measure progress and plan and advocate within the industry.
- Proficient knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, presentation tools, electronic mail (Microsoft Office preferred) and Internet.
- Strong knowledge and skills in data management and analysis using statistical software’s (eg. STATA, SPSS, SAS, Eviews, etc.).
- Familiarity with data collection software (e.g. SurveyCTO)
- Demonstrated proficiency in English, both oral and written.
- Experience with ICT.
- Ability to work in a team.
Essential Character Traits:
- Detailed oriented, self-driven and leadership skills.
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands:
- Ability to understand, appreciate and implement Heifer’s Values-Based Holistic Community Development model.
- Demonstrated creativity, ability to think systematically, willingness and ability to incorporate innovative solutions.
- Quantitative and qualitative approaches to evaluation and ability to communicate MEL concepts clearly with leadership, partners, and staff at all levels.
- Willingness and ability to assign and review the work of direct reports and to use participatory management skills with junior and senior staff.
- Proven team leadership and supervisory skills with the ability to train and work cooperatively with a diverse staff, including field staff in various locations.
- Constant face-to-face, telephone and electronic communication with colleagues and the public.
- Working with sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to manage and execute multiple tasks with little supervision while meeting sometimes inflexible deadlines.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and to maintain confidentiality.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with some form of specially-abled.