ACDI/VOCA – For over 50 years and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 34 projects in 26 countries and revenues of approximately $174 million.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Resilience Lead, Nigeria Livestock
Employment Type: Long-term
- ACDI/VOCA is seeking an experienced Resilience Lead for an anticipated livestock program in Nigeria funded by USAID.
- The Activity will explore practical, cost effective, and multi-stakeholder adaptation solutions to improve livelihoods of poor and vulnerable communities in target states.
- The Resilience Lead will be responsible for working across the Activity’s areas to advance women and youth considerations at the production, processing, and marketing levels of interventions.
- The program is anticipated to start in late December 2022, and this position will be based in Nigeria.
- Establish and manage systems to ensure cohesion across all technical sectors of the Activity
- Ensure technical interventions are integrated, layered, and sequenced appropriately at all levels of implementation within the Activity
- Strengthen the resilience of vulnerable communities through improved livelihoods, climate change adaptation, social behavior change, and social capital, preferably through an integrated approach
- Ensure the achievement of Activity goals and objectives in line with annual plans by providing technical advice and direction to the Activity team
- Provide technical expertise, coordination, capacity building, and support to regional resilience initiatives for livestock systems
- Represent the Activity in coordination, capacity building, and partnership meetings with regional policy, private sector companies, research organizations, and government/ministry staff
- Oversee day-to-day planning, design, and operations of project and technical teams to ensure effective project implementation
- Ensure achievement of learning objectives and use results to adapt program design as needed
- Prepare and/or assist in the preparation of reports and documents to USAID, national governments, ACDI/VOCA home office, and other partner organizations
- Oversee and provide technical guidance to the directors for agriculture productivity, enterprise development, finance and investment, and nutrition
- Provide leadership in community mobilization, consensus building, and grassroots advocacy regarding local issues such as land use, natural resource management, economic development, and disaster risk reduction
- Prepare and supervise work plans, financial, logistical, and other documents.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Economics, Business Administration, Sociology, Gender, International Development, or relevant field required; Master’s Degree preferred
- 7 years of prior work experience in international development, preferably in a food security, agricultural, or market systems context
- Experience in training and facilitation
- Knowledge of proven approaches and best practices for integrating women, youth, ethnic minorities and other disadvantaged populations into agriculture and economic growth programs
- Experience in community mobilization, consensus building, and grassroots advocacy regarding local issues such as land use, natural resource management, economic development and disaster risk reduction preferred
- Demonstrated experience advising on gender- and youth-sensitive and/or resilience monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities
- Fluency in English (written and oral) is required; knowledge of regional languages is a plus.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.