ACDI/VOCA – For over 50 years and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 34 projects in 26 countries and revenues of approximately $174 million.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Market Systems Lead, Nigeria Livestock
Employment Type: Long-term
- ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Market Systems Lead for an anticipated livestock program in Nigeria funded by USAID.
- The Activity will explore practical, cost effective, and multi-stakeholder adaptation solutions to improve livelihoods of poor and vulnerable communities in target states.
- The Market Systems Lead will conduct analysis and necessary reflections for the development of a strategy and marketing action plan that will enable better positioning and increased market share and actors’ income.
- The program is anticipated to start in late December 2022, and this position will be based in Nigeria.
- Provide technical assistance to program beneficiaries in market identification and development, agricultural value chain development, agricultural supply chain management, private sector development, business development, regional and international trade policies, and promotion of investments
- Design and implement strategies and project work plans to improve livestock productivity, strengthen market linkages, expand access to markets, support the development of diversified livelihoods opportunities, and strengthen input, service, and capacity building networks for livestock and diversified livelihoods activities
- Provide technical assistance to agricultural product development via viable market orientation, considering the marketing issues related to the transition to high-value products
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with cooperatives, partners, collaborators, rural finance institutions, and any other associated stakeholders
- Contribute to training of farmers and producer groups to better understand and analyze their markets
- Collaborate with the M&E team to develop monitoring and evaluation tools on marketing outcomes
- Support extension staff working with farmers and producer groups to create new and/or diversified market linkages
- Collaborate with the private sector to facilitate the purchasing and transport of agricultural products that meet target market quality standards
- Ensure the reporting on results, changes, revenue generation, and profitability of marketed volumes ICT/digitization technologies and private sector engagement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agricultural Economics, Business Management or relevant field required; master’s degree preferred
- 6 years of experience in market studies, economic growth, trade, value chain development, competitiveness, or agricultural development programs
- Experience with livestock programs focused on inclusive growth and resilience in Nigeria strongly preferred
- Knowledge of the latest developments in advancing good/best practices in value chain development and USAID’s value chain approach is preferred
- Fluency in English (written and oral) is required; knowledge of regional languages is a plus
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.