This position is only filled locally, in Lomé/Togo, Abuja/Nigeria, Niamey/Niger, or Yaoundé/Cameroon. With contractual conditions of the respective country. An expatriation is not intended.
The position entails frequent and intensive travels to the implementing countries and effective bilingual professional competencies (English & French).
1. Capacity Development
- Provide strong technical support on disability inclusive humanitarian action to involved CBM Country Offices;
- Cooperate closely with stakeholders from civil society and the administration, and strengthen existing structures, ensuring compatibility of the project.
- Review/align existing and develop new/addtional training materials, tools and guidances for humanitarian actors to facilitate disability mainstreaming in humanitarian action;
- Assess of the level of inclusion including the gaps of the identified humanitarian actors and propose a capacity building plans with the country humanitarian coordinators;
- Lead the implementation of inclusive humanitarian action trainings and advisory sessions at regional level and country level (in coordination and collaboration with the CBM Country Humanitarian Coordinators and OPDs);
- Ensure overall project management, alignment of activities and provision of technical advisory services to the implementing partners,
- Work with and alongside OPDs and people with disabilities in the provision of advisory support on disability inclusion; contribute to capacity strengthening of OPDs to enable them to more effectively influence humanitarian organisations;
- Represent CBM in international and regional conferences related to humanitarian action;
- Networking and close coordination with interested and like-minded humanitarian actors at regional level;
- Document best practices and lessons learnt and share with key stakeholders.
2. Reporting and Administration
- Develop a Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) framework to measure the expected change envisaged by the project;
- Supervision and examination of the project’s programmatic and financial progress;
- Support the development of terms of reference for project-related procurement processes (e.g. for training venues, consultancies, financial audits etc.).
- Develop a strong and effective culture of accountability and assure skills, knowledge and behaviour of team is aligned to business needs and wider humanitarian actions
- Engage with Field Compliance Management to ensure timely resolution of Field Compliance findings and continuous improvement of project compliance
- Working with other relevant teams within the organization (Field Compliance, Internal Audit) to provide a strong ‘tone’ for statutory and regulatory compliance within the countries’ projects.
- Line management in a dotted line relationship with all Country Programme Officers involved with the implementing partners
These are your qualifications
- Holder of University degree in social sciences, development/humanitarian studies or related field.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of proven professional experience in preparedness, response and humanitarian programme management including in complex humanitarian settings through national partners
- Proven experience of working with variety of stakeholders including UN, INGOs, government and donor agencies, and inter-agency humanitarian coordination
- Strong training, facilitation and presentation skills
- Experience in strategic management of large and complex humanitarian programmes and budgets
- Good analytical skills and knowledge in assessing the level of inclusion of humanitarian interventions
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of practical application of humanitarian standards.
- Knowledge of the local humanitarian context and related emerging trends, including policy developments and national, regional and global levels
- Understanding of disability inclusion and related legal frameworks and standards, especially with regard to disability inclusive humanitarian action would be desirable
- Experience in working/collaborating with organisations of persons with disabilities
- Experience in networking and advocacy.
- Demonstrated experience with working and/or traveling in occasionally insecure areas and following strict safety & security protocols.
- English and French professional proficiency
- Demonstrated in MS Office package, MS SharePoint Solutions. MS Navision would be advantageous.
- Self-starting individual who is capable of working with minimal supervision and with a clear vision of participatory approaches.
- Commitment to CBM’s Values and Policies.
What we offer:
- A meaningful position with a lot of creative freedom in the world’s leading organisation in the field of Disability Inclusive Development
- A fair salary and other social benefits based on the local conditions in the country you apply for
- An approachable, agile organisation with self-reliant people in a diverse and collegial team and great team spirit
How to apply
We look forward to receiving your application. Please apply exclusively online via: firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete application is expected, including a letter of motivation, your CV and relevant (work) references.
The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commit to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy. CBM is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons with disabilities, to apply for this position. For further information about CBM’s inclusion policy, please visit our website: https://www.cbm.org
We would like to further promote diversity in our teams and therefore welcome applications from persons of different ethnic and social backgrounds, religions and world views, different ages and genders, and especially from persons with disabilities.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.