Triangle aims to bridge the divide between policy making, empirical research and the media to produce lasting results for clients, a rewarding environment for its team, and positively impact the communities where Triangle operates. Triangle works to integrates policy, research and media by incorporating empirical enquiry with effective communications, thereby developing clear, concise and effective evidence-based solutions for the organisations we work with. Through this integrated approach, Triangle endeavours to transfer ownership how decisions are taken so that people have a greater say in how policy and development shape their lives.
As a growing organization, we’re looking for highly motivated individuals who bring their expertise, ambitions, and innovative project ideas to complement our mission. We work in a multilingual, highly collaborative environment, with staff distributed over multiple time zones and countries. As such, we seek colleagues who can manage projects independently and deliver exceptional results. In return, we offer unusual autonomy and opportunities for growth. If this sounds like the team you’ve been looking for, we would love to hear from you.
As an Research Intern at Triangle, you will have the opportunity to work alongside our team of experts and researchers on various projects that align with your interests and career goals. This internship will provide you with valuable hands-on experience, mentorship, and exposure to the world of research, policy analysis, and advocacy.
- Assist research teams in gathering and analyzing data on a range of social, economic, and policy topics.
- Contribute to literature reviews, data collection, and preliminary research findings.
- Support policy analysts in reviewing and synthesizing policy documents and reports.
- Assist in the development of policy briefs, memos, and recommendations.
- Help organize and maintain research data, ensuring data integrity and confidentiality.
- Contribute to data entry, cleaning, and basic analysis tasks.
Report and Publication Preparation
- Assist in drafting and editing research reports, articles, and publications.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure accurate and high-quality content.
- Provide general administrative support to various departments, including scheduling meetings, organizing documents, and assisting with project logistics.
Learning and Professional Development
- Attend internal meetings, workshops, and seminars to enhance your knowledge and skills.
- Engage in discussions and networking opportunities with our team members and experts.
- Strong interest in research, policy analysis, and social issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and adapt to changing priorities.
- Enthusiasm for learning and a proactive approach to tasks.
Triangle will compensate interns with a symbolic amount as well as cover transportation costs. Internships carry the possibility of compensation for exceptional work performed and promotion to a full-time position after a period of three calendar months.
How to apply
If you are a motivated and aspiring professional looking to gain hands-on experience in research and policy analysis, we encourage you to apply. Please submit your resume, a cover letter expressing your interest and goals for the internship, and any relevant academic or writing samples to [email protected] In your cover letter, specify your areas of interest and how they align with our mission at Triangle.