Position Title: Project Manager (Recovery and Resilience Facility (RRF))
Duty Station: Athens, Greece
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 30 November 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Greece Country Office (CO) supports the Government of Greece (GoG) and the European Union (EU) in responding to the migrant situation in the country by the large and continuous migratory flows that have been placing heavy pressure in the reception and accommodation scheme. IOM Greece is involved with a multi-sector approach which deals promoting a two-way integration of beneficiaries of international protection (refugees and beneficiaries of subsidiary protection) into the Greek society through the provision of integration courses, the support for independent living, including rental subsidies, activities for employability support, activities for the sensitization of the host community and integration monitoring.
In close collaboration with national authorities, IOM aims at promoting the integration of the refugee population into the labor market, through: a) the further development and maintenance of a stable, effective, flexible and adapted to the needs of beneficiaries and companies labor integration mechanism, and b) the implementation of complementary and interconnected activities regarding the proper preparation of refugees and the organized cooperation with businesses and other stakeholders.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) and in close coordination with the relevant Programme Coordinators/Managers and the Senior Resource Management Officer (SRMO), the Project Manager (Recovery and Resilience Facility (RRF))will be responsible and accountable for the management and implementation of the project “Promotion of the integration of the refugee population into the labor market”.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Oversee and supervise the operational and administrative day to day operations of the project, ensuring that planned activities are implemented in line with approved project documents and IOM’s Project Handbook.
- Supervise project staff, including hiring, assigning of duties, and providing feedback to staff members on their performance on a regular basis to ensure the highest standards of work and operational capacity.
- Monitor financial expenditures of projects to ensure adequate budget consumption rates to meet implementation milestones and deadlines. Analyze budget utilization and inform the SRMO and CoM of any deviations to the approved donor agreement.
- Provide financial, administrative and technical backstopping to projects, and serve as a liaison with headquarters units and project partners.
- Ensure compliance of operations with IOM rules, regulations and policies. Ensure the continuous review of project implementation strategies and provide guidance and suggest corrective measures and action to be taken as necessary.
- Ensure the achievement of maximum efficiency in project delivery, as well as measure and share results with senior staff and counterparts.
- Assist the CoM in maintaining close working relationships with the relevant government authorities, IOs and other relevant stakeholders to assure compliance with the planned activities and forecasted results as formulated in the approved project documents, to coordinate and promote new activities, and to raise funds for projects.
- Support the CoM in monitoring and analysis of the operating environment, quickre-adjustment of the operations, and advise on legal considerations and risk assessment.
- Represent IOM and organize and participate to the regular meetings with the stakeholders to encourage and facilitate their buy-in for the IOM emergency response activities based on the participatory and inclusive working methodology.
- Prepare reports, briefings, donor reports, background information, regular updates, project summaries, narratives and statistical analysis as necessary and required.
- Undertake duty travel in relation to project assessment and implementation, liaison with counterparts and problem solving.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Political or Social Science, Business Administration, International Relations, Communications, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Substantial field experience, with strong knowledge of IOM project life cycle;
- Relevant experience in migrant integration and/or labor migration;
- Experience in liaison with governmental and diplomatic authorities as well as with national and international institutions; and,
- Working experience in Greece is an advantage.
- Knowledge of EU policies and procedures and management of migration flows in EU MS;
- Knowledge of donor funding mechanisms and requirements;
- Excellent interpersonal skills for donor liaison responsibilities;
- Excellent reporting and writing skills;
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, train and motivate staff in a multicultural team environment.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish).
For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Greek, French, and/or Spanish is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations. Recommended candidates endorsed by the Appointments and Postings Board will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. Subject to certain exemptions, vaccination against COVID-19 will in principle be required for individuals hired on or after 15 November 2021. This will be verified as part of the medical clearance process.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications HERE via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 30 November 2022 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: VN 2022 411 Project Manager (Recovery and Resilience Facility (RRF)) (P3) Athens, Greece (57845132) Released
Posting: Posting NC57845133 (57845133) Released