Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
1. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE:
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under its Migrant Assistance and Counter Trafficking Unit (MACTU), IOM Thailand implements a range of national and regional projects aimed at addressing migration challenges and delivering increased protection and assistance to vulnerable migrants and victims of trafficking in partnership with government, civil society, and private sector counterparts. In particular, the Ship to Shore Rights Southeast Asia project, a multi-year projects funded by the European Union, aims to promote regular and safe labour migration and decent work for all migrant workers in the fishing and seafood processing sectors in South-East Asia. In Thailand, the project focuses on strengthening information access for migrant workers and their communities, particularly on safe migration pathways and access to services for migrant workers while working in Thailand. In addition, through this project, IOM aims to contribute to the Royal Thai Government’s efforts to enhance bilateral cooperation on trafficking in persons and ensuring protection services, particularly in the repatriation and reintegration process of victims of trafficking.
The successful candidates will work under the direct supervision of the National Project Officer and the overall supervision of Program Officer (Counter Trafficking), and in cooperation with other colleagues in MACTU at IOM Thailand.
2. RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Assume the role of IOM Thailand’s focal point for capacity building activities for migrant communities and community leaders in targeted areas.
- Support the project team in day-to-day project implementation, including the coordination of logistical arrangements internally, within IOM, as well as with IOM partners, including government agencies, civil society organizations and other non-governmental organizations.
- Draft invitation letter, terms of reference and other documents related to the project’s work both in English and Thai languages.
- Support the project team in maintaining partnerships database, and CT data, including updating data regularly.
- Assist in preparing notes for file and activity reports for capacity building activities, including workshops, trainings, and awareness raisings.
- Undertake regular travel within and outside of the duty station as may be required for official duties and carry out any other related duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
3. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma with four years of relevant experience; or,
- University degree in the field of Social Sciences, Law, International Relation, or related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience working with Government counterparts, UN agencies and/or non-governmental organization is considered an asset.
- Good knowledge of Counter Trafficking and protection of migrants in Thailand context
- Experience in training program and community engagement will be advantaged
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple work assignments efficiently and effectively.
- Strong writing and communication Skills
- Knowledge of UN and bilateral donor programing
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Teamwork oriented but with a capacity to work independently
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and mail merges; email and web searches.
Fluency in English and Thai (oral and written)
5. DESIRABLE COMPETENCIES:
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighboring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to the IOM Bangkok Human Resources Unit at e-mail [email protected] byJuly 22, 2022 at the latest.
Kindly indicate the reference code SVN029/2022 followed by your full name in the subject line.
Applications should include:
a) a cover letter, indicating the dates of availability;
b) a curriculum vitae;
c) a duly completed IOM Personal History Form which can be downloaded from https://thailand.iom.int/sites/g/files/tmzbdl1371/files/Vacancies/Form/iom-personal-history-form-270122.xls.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Posting period: From 08.07.2022 to 22.07.2022