Rhema Care Integrated Development Centre (RIDEC) is a not-for-profit, pro-poor, non-governmental development organization working in partnership with the poor and vulnerable to improve their quality of life through the promotion of social transformation, economic empowerment, and environmental sustainability of deprived communities in Africa. Rhema Care is implementing Strengthening Community Response for Refugees in Nigeria (SCRIN Project) in Taraba State (a grant in support of water, sanitation, hygiene, and protection Services for refugees).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Assistant (WASH & Protection)
Location: Takum, Taraba
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Programme Assistants will work under the supervision of the Protection and WASH Officer to support the site planning, implementation, and reporting of community-level activities on hygiene promotion, menstrual hygiene management, child protection, and Gender-based Violence (GBV), and referral ofthe SCRIN Project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Child Protection and Gender-Based Violence
- Facilitate group PSS and GBV activities in safe spaces and in the community.
- Provide supportive supervision to community volunteers to monitor the application of their training, and knowledge, especially those related to GBV referrals and Psychological First Aid (PFA).
- Apply all GBV case management steps to provide individualized support to survivors of gender-based violence.
- Provide confidential and appropriate referrals of GBV cases to critical services including child protection and specialized mental health services, accompany of survivors to services where appropriate, and conduct follow-ups to ensure appropriate support services have been provided to the survivor.
- Work closely with Community Protection Committees to build capacity, identify child protection and GBV risk in the community as well as put adequate mitigation measures.
- Coordinate with a range of actors to ensure that safe and confidential services are made available and accessible to survivors of child abuse, GBV, and those at heightened risk of child abuse and GBV. Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene
- Implement and follow-up hygiene promotion activities with the support of trained community volunteers and WASH committee members.
- Plan and implement regular hygiene promotion activities in targeted communities.
- Disseminate environmental health, sanitation, and hygiene messages using relevant media to beneficiaries in the communities using IEC Materials and other social mobilization strategies
- Facilitate the distribution of WASH materials to beneficiaries.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma in Social Work, Social Sciences or a related field.
- Minimum of 1 year of working experience in protection programming, especially Child Protection, GBV Case Management, and PSS. Experience in community mobilization and familiarity with NGO space in Taraba is an advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of Child Protection, GBV Case Management, and Psychological First Aid (PFA).
- Understanding and commitment to the child’s rights and child protection and GBV issues.
- Knowledge of Taraba State terrain
- Proficient in MS Office packages and web conferencing applications
- Ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
- Adequate planning, monitoring, and organizational skills
- Knowledge of GBVIMs is an added advantage.
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational code of conduct.
- Proactive, vigilant, resourceful, solutions-oriented, and resultsoriented
- Ability to effectively facilitate community-level meetings
- Ability to work collaboratively.
Application Closing Date
7th July, 2022 (5:00PM).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and a one-page Application Letter, addressed to “The Executive Director of Rhema Care Integrated Development Centre’ via: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position they are applying for and their name (e.g. Programme Assistant (WASH & Protection) – Karibi Chinyere Dauda) as the subject of the mail.
- The CV should indicate clearly their valid telephone numbers, e-mail address and current contact address
- The Application Letter should clearly provide evidence of competencies required for the job
- All applications must be sent via e-mail to the address shown above. No surface mails or telephone calls will be entertained.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by phone for an interview scheduled to hold physically in Taraba or via web conferencing. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Our Christian Faith-based identity is rooted in the vision, mission, values, and guiding principles of Rhema Care Integrated Development Centre and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.