Rhema Care Integrated Development Centre (RIDEC), is a not-for-profit, pro-poor, non-governmental development organization working in partnership with the poor and vulnerable to improve their quality of life through the promotion of social transformation, economic empowerment, and environmental sustainability of deprived communities in Africa. Rhema Care is implementing Strengthening Community Response for Refugees in Nigeria (SCRIN Project) in Taraba State (a grant in support of water, sanitation, hygiene, and protection Services for refugees).
We are recruiting qualified, purpose-driven and result-oriented persons to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Administrative Officer
Location: Takum, Taraba
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Finance and Administrative Officer is responsible for ensuring compliance with Rhema Care’s administrative and accounting system, regulatory requirements and grant-specific requirements while providing a constant report to the Finance and Admin Manager and donors on administrative, financial, and budget targets components of the SCRIN Project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accounting and Finance Management
- Ensure compliance with Rhema Care’s financial policy, donor finance regulations, and government statutory regulations.
- Supervise and ensure that the day-to-day accounting operations and financial management functions in field offices are performing in accordance with Rhema Care’s policy and procedures
- Review and account for procurement transactions to ensure adequate supporting documentation, the accuracy of amounts, and control over payments
- Ensure the maintenance of accurate records of financial transactions on the project.
- Ensure that all financial reports are submitted on or before the deadlines set and contain relevant information for all the users of the financial reports
- Responsible for ensuring financial resources available for local payments of the team in line with Rhema Care finance guidelines.
- Maintain the organization’s system of accounts, ensuring all accounting data are updated, reconciled, and fully supported
- Oversee training of other non-financialand administrative staff to understand and support finance and administrative tools and requirements.
- Support program team to prepare activity budgets. Present and facilitate review of actual to budget expenditureanalysis with management team and donor.
- Provide recommendations for budget realignmentsrequired
- Perform other duties as assigned. Human Resources Management
- Supervise the human resource and administrative functions in the field to ensure their smooth and effective operations
- Supervise the oversight of staff personnel files inclusive of contracts, leave records, and other paperwork required for employment in the local context
- Ensure compliance withlocal labor laws, including contracts, compensation packages, and working hours Collaborate with security to maintain the security of staff and properties of Rhema Care. Maintain open lines of communications with all field staff Administrations
- Maintain administrative, archival, and/or personnel files for the organization
- Analyze routine operating practices and procedures to include personnel, record keeping, performance standards, workflow, and cost reduction, equipment and supply utilization, etc., to ensure smooth and efficient office operation.
- Ensure management of all Rhema Care assets, including documents, tracking, depreciation, and disposal. Determine training needs for finance and other support staff
- Ensure booking of hotels, arrangement for airport transportation, and management of lodging of the board, staff, consultants, official guests, and partners hosted by Rhema Care. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting, budgeting, and fiscal control theory and practices.
- Knowledge of relevant donors’ regulations.
- Knowledge of Nigerian law in taxation and regulatory reporting procedures required of Non-Governmental Organizations.
- Proficient in MS Office packages, web conferencing applications, QuickBooks accounting software, or similar financial reporting software.
- Excellent numerical, and analytical skills with the ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
- Adequate planning, monitoring, and organizational skills
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational code of conduct.
- Proactive, vigilant, resourceful, solutions-oriented, and results-oriented
- Ability to effectively communicate financial and internal control issues to staff with little or no financial background
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or related field. An MBA or advanced degree in a related field with a focus on accounting is preferred. Professional certification in accounting or a related field is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar position, preferably with a non-governmental organization of International or National status.
Application Closing Date
7th July, 2022 (5pm).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and a one-page Application Letter, addressed to “The Executive Director of Rhema Care Integrated Development Centre’ via: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position they are applying for and their name (e.g. Finance and Administrative Officer – Karibi Chinyere Dauda) as the subject of the mail.
- The CV should indicate clearly their valid telephone numbers, e-mail address and current contact address
- The Application Letter, addressed to the Executive Director of Rhema Care Integrated Development Centre, clearly providing evidence of competencies required for the job
- All applications must be sent via e-mail to the address shown above. No surface mails or telephone calls will be entertained.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by phone for an interview scheduled to hold physically in Taraba or via web conferencing. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Our Christian Faith-based identity is rooted in the vision, mission, values, and guiding principles of Rhema Care Integrated Development Centre and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.