EYN Projects respects and believes in the infinite worth of every individual. We demonstrate this belief through our development and humanitarian services to affected communities, equal employment opportunities, building and strengthening staff’s skills, and ensuring qualitative and effective service delivery. EYN Projects does not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, or religion in our recruitment exercise nor in our humanitarian and development work.
CONTRACT DURATION:3 MONTHS with the possibility of Extension
SUPERVISOR: TECHNICAL LEAD/PROJECT OFFICER
ORGANISATION: Ekklesiyar ‘Yanuwa a Nigeria (EYN PROJECTS)
LOCATION: BORNO, YOBE AND ADAMAWA.
EYN Projects is a non-profit, non-governmental organization with the vision to reach out to humanity and vulnerable people in a compassionate way. It was established in 2005 with support of EYN headquarters to provide help to people living and affected with HIV/AIDS. The project has since transitioned into providing services in Child Protection, Food Security and Livelihood, Gender-Based Violence, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC), Reintegration and Peacebuilding, Education, as well as continued HIV/AIDS services among others, geared towards providing humanitarian aid to the communities affected by Insurgency in the North East.
EYN Projects respects and believes in the infinite worth of every individual. We demonstrate this belief by providing humanitarian services to affected communities, equal employment opportunities, building and strengthening the skills of our staff and ensuring qualitative and effective service delivery. EYN Projects does not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, or religion in our recruitment exercise nor in our humanitarian services.
ABOUT THE JOB:
The Field Support Staff will provide technical and programmatic support to implement high-quality comprehensive HIV/AIDS programs (ART, PMTCT, TB/HIV, RH/HIV, and HTS) and other services including direct service provision for community-level services based on the ongoing HIV implementation.
The Field Support Staff will be responsible for the following, including those implied from the responsibilities stated below:
- Support scale-up of the community-level implementation of integrated HIV and TB surge strategies aimed at maximizing HIV case finding efficiencies based on the 95:95:95 strategies.
- Support same-day linkage and enrolment in care for identified HIV-positive adult, adolescent, and pediatric clients at the community level.
- Work closely with the Technical Leads to provide HIV Counselling, Testing, and referrals/linkages to the health facilities.
- Support the community-level implementation of differentiated service delivery and other program strategies to reduce treatment interruption and address specific client needs in EYN-supported treatment locations.
- Support the implementation of quality improvement initiatives in the delivery of comprehensive and integrated adult, adolescent, and pediatric HIV services in supported communities.
- Support the implementation of targeted interventions for special populations aimed at improving treatment outcomes (pediatrics, adolescents and young girls and men, etc.) in supported communities.
- Participate in the generation and use of data to guide decision-making and program improvement at state and facility levels.
Qualifications and requirements:
- A sound understanding of HIV/AIDS, TB, and TB/HIV technical areas.
- Minimum of JCHEW, EHT, MLA.
- Knowledge and skills in Pre and Post Test counselling.
- Ability to communicate very well with the community (fluent in English, Hausa, Kanuri, and other relevant local languages is an added advantage).
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Demonstrate approachability and trust by listening carefully to others and valuing their contribution, and making others feel comfortable by being open and honest about their thoughts and feelings
- Knowledge of Nigerian clinical settings, including government and non-government settings. Experience in integrated HIV care delivery
- Maintain an ethical and professional behaviour in accordance with relevant codes of conduct
- Build your awareness of the bigger global picture by using a broad range of sources to gather data
- Demonstrate managerial courage by confronting difficult situations and seeking resolution, and stating willingness to champion ideas
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding literacy and educational program implementation.
- Proven ability to coordinate a multispectral development project.
- Excellent community mobilization, advocacy, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team
Method of Application
CV and cover letter should be uploaded in a single word document with the Applicant’s name
For the application to be valid, EYN Projects only accepts applications with a cover letter.
NOTE: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Multiple submissions will be automatically disqualified.
EYN Projects does not ask for any form of payment/compensation at any stage of recruitmentInterested and qualified? Go to Ekklesiyar Yan’uwa a Nigeria (EYN PROJECT) on forms.gle to apply