ACDI/VOCA – For over 50 years and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 34 projects in 26 countries and revenues of approximately $174 million.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Operations, Nigeria Livestock
Employment Type: Long-term
- ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Director of Operations for an anticipated livestock program in Nigeria funded by USAID.
- The Activity will explore practical, cost effective, and multi-stakeholder adaptation solutions to improve livelihoods of poor and vulnerable communities in target states.
- The Director of Operations will be expected to provide administrative management, including ensuring that interventions comply with USAID and Nigerian laws.
- The program is anticipated to start in late December 2022, and this position will be based in Nigeria.
- Develop and refine operational systems and processes
- Maintain communications with the Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party to understand the program’s operational needs and status, so as to serve as a point of contact for operations information
- Provide direction and guidance to staff on program compliance agreement as well as related ACDI/VOCA policies and USAID regulations
- Manage and track the program’s requests to ACDI/VOCA’s contracts office to ensure an efficient and productive process
- Oversee and manage Finance, HR, Accounting, Procurement, Grants and Security components of project operations
- Ensure a smooth functioning of program activities including support for field office/program set-up and close-out, ongoing operations, and staff and consultant travel
- Oversee the establishment and closing of field office operations and the training of field office operations staff to monitor field-based vendor performance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, or relevant field is required; Master’s Degree is desired
- 7 years of experience in a senior management position, providing oversight and management systems development
- Knowledge of and experience with USAID and/or other international donor programs’ rules and regulations is required
- Strong written communication skills required, with a demonstrated ability to write reports in a clear, concise, and well-organized manner
- Fluency in English (written and oral) is required; knowledge of regional languages is a plus.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online