We are seeking a Logistics Manager to serve within our Field Office in Bunia, Democratic Republic of the Congo. We are looking for someone who has strong managerial skills and is detail-oriented with experience living and working overseas to fill this role. Relationship building is also a vital aspect of this position. We work to provide humanitarian aid in Jesus Name. Come use your previous experience and technical strengths to see lives transformed with the power of the Gospel. Apply today!
A day in the life of a Logistics Manager:
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotion and spend time praying for each other, our staff, and volunteers who serve around the globe.
In the role of Logistics Manager, you will have the opportunity to:
- Maintain your personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be an effective witness for Him.
- Organize and direct the work in the departments of Fleet, Warehouse, and Asset Management by providing supervision, training, and performance evaluations.
- Work closely with the Senior Operations Manager and Program Managers to ensure all country protocols and regulations related to Fleet, Warehouse, and Asset management are adhered to.
- Lead communication with Programs on all Fleet, Warehouse, and Asset related matters.
- Oversee the preparation of monthly Fleet reports detailing the consumption of fuel and spare parts by vehicles and generators.
- Review Purchase Requests on spare parts, ensuring proper specifications and the right quantities of spare parts are bought.
- Oversee the preparation of monthly Warehouse Stock reports including reconciliation between physical inventory and perpetual inventory.
- All other duties as assigned.
Learn more about serving with Samaritans Purse.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelors degree from a four-year accredited university in Business Management, Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, or other related field and at least two (2) years experience in Procurement; or equivalent combination of experience and education. Work experience in similar humanitarian contexts is preferred.
- Strong management skills.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Ability to develop and carry out work plans and solve problems independently.
- 12 credit hours of college-level Biblical Studies (required); if not already completed, the opportunity to meet and complete the requirement is available upon hire.
Job Location: Bunia, Democratic Republic of the Congo
Language Requirement: Fluency in English (required); fluency in French (required)
Travel Expectations: Travel Expectation: 30 days/annually; required travel documents and vaccinations for entry into foreign countries will be necessary
- International medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Paid Family Medical Leave
- Retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays
- 12 vacation/personal days
- 10 sick days
- When at IHQ, on-site Medical Clinic (staff and dependents)
How to apply
Our Mission: Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
This is not just a job. It’s a calling, it’s a ministry, and it is your opportunity to begin a life-changing career.
**All applications should be submitted in English**