Job Title: DSP Coordinator (Nationals Position ).
Project: Distance Support Program (DSP)
Location: East Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Jericho
Starting Date: 01/03/2024
Publication Date: 09/02/2024
Reporting to: AVSI Palestine Country Representative
AVSI’s presence in Palestine began in 1993 with small-business development projects in the West Bank territories. The great presence of vulnerable people with diversified needs and the close collaboration with important local public and private institutions have led AVSI to intervene in various sectors: education, social inclusion of vulnerable people, employment inclusion, and sustainable development of small and medium-sized enterprises, promotion of gender equality, wash & sanitation, promotion of tourism.
AVSI’s interventions have favoured the training of operators, the involvement of associations of solidarity and institutions, and the employment of civil service volunteers and experts. The method adopted by AVSI follows some fundamental principles. Firstly, the person at the centre: the person is always “met” with an immediate respect for their dignity and uniqueness and their inclusion in a fabric of family and social relationships. The person is never considered an isolated individual, nor defined by sociological categories or by the circumstances in which they find themselves (poverty, sickness, disability, war). Secondly, AVSI consider as something fundamental the Development of intermediary and subsidiary bodies: to plan and carry out development projects implies favoring people’s social skills, promoting the creation of intermediary bodies (civil society organizations, auxiliary organizations) and of a social fabric eager for participation and capable of joint responsibility.
Aim of the position:
To provide coordination between the Headquarter, AVSI Palestine, partner schools, and other relevant stakeholders; to supervise the implementation of the “Distance Support Program (DSP)” intervention and implement Psychosocial support activities sessions.
Brief description of the intervention:
the program aims to provide financial and educational support to 460 students, including children with disabilities, in the schools under the Custody of the Holy Land in the governorate of East Jerusalem, Bethlehem and Jericho through a partial contribution to their school fees, as well as the implementation of quality extra-curricular activities. These differ from one school to the other and include psychosocial support activities, such as art therapy workshops, and professional courses aimed at providing students with useful skills for their professional future. The aim is not only to prevent school dropout, but also to enhance the mental and psychological well-being and the learning abilities of all students.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Ensure efficient coordination with the Headquarter’s DSP department;
- Ensure consistent communication with DSP sponsors from Italy in line with the objectives of the program;
- Ensure coordination and communication with the partner schools;
- Ensure coordination and communication with activities’ implementing partners;
- Support the correct implementation of extra-curricular activities, in particular art therapy and psychosocial support related activities;
- Design and implement Psychosocial group activities;
- Constant supervision of the program, monitoring qualitative implementation as well as sound budget spending of projects and coordinating school staff in implementation, ensuring full procedural compliance;
- Preparation of narrative quality reporting and internal documentation;
- Preparation of yearly project proposal;
- Collaborate with the Financial Manager in the preparation of financial support documents;
- Fill the DSP database for the administration of the periodical news to sponsors, new forms and end of support forms;
- Set up and fill the Activity Info database for the monitoring of the project;
- Support the Country Representative and AVSI staff in drafting project proposals.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Essential skills, knowledge and experience required:
- Education: B.A in Social Work (BSW) and/or a M.A. in Social Work (MSW);
- Work experience: Minimum 2-3 years of experience in social work, psychosocial interventions and/or psycho-educational approaches;
- Language proficiency: Fluency in English and Arabic, both written and verbal;
- Residency in Jerusalem – holder of a Jerusalemite Blue ID Card
- Drivers license
- Fluency in Hebrew, both written and verbal;
- Knowledge of Italian, both written and verbal;
- Previous experience in and/or knowledge working in schools;
- Previous experience in project management;
- Previous experience in early childhood educational activities;
- Previous experience in art therapy and art-related activities.
- Strong hard skills: strong knowledge of Microsoft Office pack, particularly Microsoft Excel, and Database management;
- Strong soft skills: impactful and respectful communication, teamwork, problem-solving, time-management.
What AVSI offers:
Type of contract: 5 days a week / 35 hours per week
Monthly Net salary: 5,700 NIS
Duration of the contract: 10 months
How to apply
Please go on Avsi.org and apply