Job Location: South East of England(Gravesend, Portsmouth &Canterbury)
Salary: £25,861 based on 35 hours per week (includes market supplement)
Contract Type: Permanent
Are you driven by a genuine desire to make a lasting impact and create a better future for vulnerable refugees, asylum seekers and migrants?
Could you play a key role in supporting people searching for missing family?
As a Service Coordinator, you could be an integral part of our mission to support people in crisis, restoring hope and rebuilding shattered lives.
A day in the life of a Service Coordinator will involve:
- You will oversee the delivery of the service provided by the Restoring Family Links team, ensuring the people who need us remain the main focus.
- You will be responsible for coordinating and delivering quality casework services.
- You will analyse and report on service user’s feedback for improving service delivery.
- You will provide administrative assistance for the service, e.g. purchase orders, invoices etc.
To be a successful Service Coordinator:
- Do you have experience of delivering casework with vulnerable people?
- Are you familiar with trauma informed practices to ensure our service user’s situations are approached accordingly?
- Can you provide delicate, safe and empowering support to distressed people in vulnerable situations?
- Do you have great organisational skills and meticulous attention to detail?
- Do you have excellent IT skills, particularly with databases and Microsoft Office programs?
A UK driving licence would be preferable although not essential.
In return for your dedication and expertise, you’ll get:
Holidays: 36 days annual leave (including bank holidays) + option to buy 5 extra days.
Pension scheme: Up to 6% contributory pension.
Flexible working: We do our best to accommodate your preferred work style.
Learning & Development: Wide range of career opportunities + comprehensive learning.
Discounts: Access to Blue Light Discount Card and employee benefits platform.
Wellbeing Assistance: Access to mental health and wellbeing assistance.
Team Working: Champion our mission in a collaborative team.
Cycle2Work: Lease a bicycle through the scheme.
Season ticket loan: Interest-free loan for commuting expenses.
We are proud to participate in the disability confident scheme for roles based in the UK. During the application process, you will be asked if you wish to apply under the scheme.
At The British Red Cross, we pride ourselves on our diverse workforce, and ensuring we have an inclusive environment for all our staff and volunteers. We remain dedicated to ensuring our teams can bring their true selves to work without risk or fear of discrimination. We do this through regular data reporting, and the assistance of our internal Race and Equality Network (REEN), LGBT+ Network, our Disability and Wellness Network (DAWN), Gender Network, Carers Network and Youth Network.
Connecting human kindness with human crisis