The Institute of Human Virology Nigeria (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis (TB) and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Logistics and Supply Chain Officer
Department: Supply Chain Management
Reports to: Head of Procurement / SCM
Job Summary / Overview
- The Supply Chain Management (SCM) department of IHVN is charged with the responsibility of executing procurement of goods and services, coordinates all supply chain-related activities within the institute, and by extension, oversees the operation of Third-Party Logistic Companies (3PL).
- The department procures, warehouses, and delivers health commodities, strengthens national supply chain systems, and provides standard logistics support to ensure an uninterrupted supply of health products.
- IHVN has the sole responsibility of coordinating and providing oversight to these vendors, which requires a full-time staff to perform the role of planning, coordinating, and monitoring logistics operations such as warehousing, inventory management, distribution, and freight management among other tasks.
- Interface with clearing agents and freight forwarders to ensure timely clearing of shipments.
- Assist in coordinating the activities of the warehouse inspection committee
- Carry out routine and ad hoc warehouse visits and ensure to monitor and promote proper storage practices and conditions of commodities
- Support accurate inventory management and related record keeping.
- Contribute towards the development of logistics plans and ensure compliance with wider logistics policies and standards.
- Collect and analyze logistics data i.e. inventory, distribution, consumption data and report on selected performance indicators through PSM activities and networking with colleagues to recommend actions to the supervisor to improve the performance of the 3PL operations.
- Assist in reviewing the 3PL monthly stock status reports and advice as appropriate
- Daily logistics progress, monitoring, supervision, and internal cost control
- Application for logistics documents and certificates i.e. IDEC and NAFDAC permits
- Follow up on the distribution of both health and non-health commodities;
- Prepare updates on shipment deliveries schedule
- Comprehensive management and strategic planning in carrying out all related logistics activities in accordance with Institute’s needs.
- Development of shipment tracker
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, distribution times, and efficiency
- Checking data accuracy in distribution plans, PODs, and invoices.
- Develop weekly reports and send them to the supervisor.
- Any other tasks as assigned.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- Education: Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Transport Economics, Supply Chain, Logistics Management, Business Management or other related fields with 5 years of related work experience; Advanced Degree / Diploma in Supply Chain Management, professional certifications, and/or training/courses will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
8th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one-page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to “Deputy Director, Human Resources” via: email@example.com using the Job Title and full name of the applicant as the subject of the mail.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advanced to the next stage of the selection process.