The OPEC Fund for International Development is a multilateral development finance institution established in 1976. Our 12 Member Countries are: Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Building and Facility Analyst (Project Supervisor)
- The incumbent strengthens the OPEC Fund’s Building and Facility Management (BFM) team and is responsible for coordinating and facilitating technical consulting, engineering and construction works relating to the Fund’s three buildings.
- Regular engagement with the Project Manager and the selected construction contractors for the OPEC Fund Parkring 6 Project, as well as quality assurance for the project is required.
- The incumbent’s immediate focus will be on PR6, however post-handover the expectation is that his/her responsibilities expand beyond that to cover other tasks within BFM and as determined by the Director of ASU.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates the multiple project interfaces between the planning, design and construction activities in line with the OPEC Fund requirements.
- Reports timely and communicates clearly to the Project Steering Committee on all issues associated with the project.
- Closely works with the architect, Project Manager and contractors to ensure that works are executed in a timely manner to maintain the planned completion schedule and budget.
- Monitors and reports on project progress against the scheduled and planned works to the Project Steering Committee.
- Proposes solutions to overcome unforeseen situations.
- Negotiates any modifications with the Project Manager and contractors as required.
- Establishes effective quality control measures to ensure that contractors deliver services according to the agreed and contracted specifications.
- Works closely with the Project Manager to ensure that, at point of receipt, the works from various contractors are in accordance with all contracted requirements and that quality standards have been adhered to and where deviation has occurred that the change has been managed appropriately.
- Manages potential changes to scope of the works, liaises with all appropriate stakeholders, with aim of limiting any impact on time and cost.
- Plans, schedules and implements transition into a fully operational new office building with minimal impact to the OPEC Fund operations.
- Performs any other activity within BFM and as assigned by Director, ASU.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree – Advanced University Degree in Engineering Management, Construction Management, Architecture, Facilities Management or any other relevant Engineering related discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years’ relevant professional experience and a proven record of planning, coordinating and executing the implementation of complex capital projects.
- Excellent oral and written command of English. Fluency in German is an advantage given the close collaboration with local contractors.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
- Ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online