iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: INGO Forum Communications Intern
Type: Full Time
- The Nigeria INGO Forum (NIF), a platform of 54 INGOs providing humanitarian and development assistance in Nigeria currently hosted by iMMAP, is looking for a communication intern in Abuja, Nigeria.
- The intern will provide communication support to the Advocacy and Communications team by handling various tasks in support of effective NIF internal and external communication.
- The intern must be comfortable with the use of computers, general office tasks, and excel at verbal and written communication.
- The intern position is for recent university graduates with a passion for communication and humanitarian or development aid.
Description of Duties
- The intern will play a key role in supporting the implementation of the NIF Social Media Strategy and managing NIF’s online and social media channels, besides supporting events organization, and development of NIF communications products.
- The daily responsibilities of the intern will include providing the following support for the NIF Advocacy and Communications team:
- Supporting the implementation of the NIF Social Media Strategy and managing the Social Media Platforms: Twitter, Facebook and YouTube channel
- Uploading of Content and regularly monitoring and replying to NIF Social Media Channels under the guidance of the Communication Coordinator
- Assist in the preparation of any events that may take place during the internship duration
- Drafting, compiling and editing specific types of NIF Communications products such as weekly updates, newsletters, and blogpost
- Write stories, reports and minutes of meetings and events
- Support in the development of audio-visual materials
- Organizes the clearance, production and distribution of NIF visibility materials
- Performs other relevant duties assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Communication, Humanities, English or any other relevant field.
- With 6 months to 1 year of work experience in Administration field.
- Demonstrates good knowledge of the use of social media for communication outreaches
- Flexible and adaptable to any situation.
- Ability to work independently while under pressure and during long hours.
- Excellent work habits with a willingness to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent organizational skills, including proven ability in administration, financial and logistics.
- Excellent communication skills, including drafting documents;
- Excellent computer skills in the Windows and Microsoft Office especially MS Excel and MS Access.
Application Closing Date
4th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
- iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
- iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.