Médecins Sans Frontières is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Coordinator Assistant
Location: Ganjuwa, Bauchi
Employment Type: Contract
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Provide support to the Project Coordinator in the administrative part of coordination tasks, ensuring a smooth relation with local and national authorities, contributing to the context analysis and follow-up, providing translations and interpreting in order to ensure the smooth running of the project.
- Monitor and report on key issues (security, risk, etc.) to the Project Coordinator and provide support in analysing contextual information, through a sound knowledge of counterparts, in different administrations in order to improve decision making processes.
- File and update field contacts and correspondence (with other NGOs, UN agencies, local authorities, media, etc) in order to ensure information sources accuracy and its availability on regular basis.
- Assist the Project Coordinator in the drafting of correspondences with authorities and counterparts (government officials, UN agencies, NGOs, etc.) in order to ensure fluent and accurate communication flows
- Assist the Project Coordinator in Internal and External Communication sessions and events about MSF (for National staff, the Ministry of Health staff, as well as local authorities) in order to improve awareness and public opinion adhesion.
- Ensures the continuity of relations with local actors and keeps updated the list of contacts.
- Organize advocacy contacts and appointments for the Project Coordinator with local authorities and partners to ensure the continuity of relations with local actors and involved counterparts.
- Execute clerk-related activities as well as prepare and conduct briefings on the project context to new employees in order to facilitate their integration onboard and within the project environment.
- Translate documents and act as an interpreter when needed.
- Desirable, University Degree.
- Desirable two years previous experience in similar jobs in the field of humanitarian aid with MSF or other NGOs
- Mission working language and local language(s) essential.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
- Result and Quality oriented, Teamwork, Behavioural Flexibility, Commitment to MSF Principles and Stress Management.
Application Closing Date
4th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process. MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system
- MSF thanks all the candidates for their interest in this position.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.