Tearfund is a Christian international relief and development agency working globally to end poverty and injustice, and to restore dignity and hope in some of the world’s poorest communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant – Policy Diagnostics (Audit) of 10 Ministries in Plateau State
Location: Jos South, Plateau
Employment Type: Contract
The proposed consultant providing this contract needs to have the following qualifications / experience:
- Minimum of Post Graduate level Degree in Environment and Development related studies, a related Social Science field, Statistics or a field relevant to the ToR requirements. Ph.D. preferred;
- Minimum of 5 years applied experience and competencies in public policy design, evaluation and diagnostics.
- Capacity for development of program and process diagnostics for rigorous public policy analysis
- Proven quantitative and qualitative research skills;
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Fluent in English and Hausa.
Goods / Services the Supplier / Contractor must provide?
- To assess the existing policy environment of 10 selected pilot ministries (Water Resources and Energy, Environment, Agriculture and Rural Development, Commerce and Industry, Tourism, Culture and Hospitality, Transport, Youth and Sports Development, Physical Planning and Urban Development, Science and Technology, Budget and Economic Planning) with a view to ascertaining whether or not policies exist within these ministries that support transition to green growth in Plateau state Nigeria.
- To create the space for the development of appropriate policies with a view to filling the policy gaps that might be identified in (1) above
- To undertake a comprehensive stakeholder mapping of the structure of governance within the 10 pilot ministries in Plateau state with a view to coming to an understanding of the power and reporting relationships, voice, influence etc thus identifying enablers and barriers to adoption and implementation of green growth strategy within existing work of 10 pilot ministries (Water Resources and Energy , Agriculture and Rural Development, Commerce and Industry, Tourism, Culture and Hospitality, Transport, Youth and Sports Development , Physical Planning and Urban Development, Science and Technology, Budget and Economic Planning) in Plateau state.
- To undertake a comprehensive stakeholder mapping of Civil Society and business sectors in Plateau state with a view to identifying how new policies on green growth would impact these sectors serving to enable them to support and contribute to transition to a green growth economic pathway in Plateau state.
When must this be delivered?
- The period of this consultancy is a maximum of 30 days
- This consultancy needs to start from 15th July with an estimated timeframe of 30 days, including travel,preparation and training . The following is an indicative timeframe.
What precise details do you need them to meet in the contract?
- Policy Diagnostics work plan and inception report
- Design of Policy Diagnostics assessment tools,
- First Draft of Policy diagnostics report covering the data analysis.
- Final Policy diagnostics Report: The report should be in English, between 20-30 pages, and consist of:
- Executive summary of key Policy diagnostics data, findings and recommendations (no more than 3 pages);
- Table of contents; this should go first
- Policy diagnostics findings, analysis, and conclusions with associated data presented, where appropriate in clear infographics including graphs or charts; and linking directly to the Policy diagnostics objectives
- Policy diagnostics figures – with a clearly stated methodology for how this was derived
- Appendices, which include collected data, detailed description of the methodology with Policy diagnostics instruments, list of interviewees, bibliography, and consultant (s) brief biography;
- An electronic copy in English.
Application Closing Date
8th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified consultantss should send their Proposals / Quotations to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
What to include in the Quotation
- Company name, contact name, email address, phone number
- CV of the proposed individual and/or Team members
- Pricing (you could include a pricing table here if helpful).Note that Withholding tax of 10% will be charged on the total cost of the consultancy price
- Confirmation that you can deliver the requirements set out in this Request for Quotation.
- The following documents should be included:
- Candidates should provide a copy of Policy diagnostics reports produced
- 2 other similar reports
Note: Any contract formed with a supplier will be based on Tearfund’s standard terms and conditions.