Job Identification : 14211
Locations : Bogota, Colombia
Posting Date : 10/17/2023, 05:36 PM
Apply before : 01/11/2023, 03:59 AM
Job Schedule : Full time
Agency : UNDP
Grade : NB2
Vacancy Type : National Personnel Service Agreement
Practice Area : Management
Bureau : Regional Bureau for Latin America and the Caribbean
Contract Duration : 1 year
Education & Work Experience : Bachelor’s Degree – 2 year (s) experience OR High School certificate- 5 year (s) experience
Required Languages : Spanish
Desired Languages : English
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are core principles at UNDP: we value diversity as an expression of the multiplicity of nations and cultures where we operate, we foster inclusion as a way of ensuring all personnel are empowered to contribute to our mission, and we ensure equity and fairness in all our actions. Taking a ‘ leave no one behind ’ approach to our diversity efforts means increasing representation of underserved populations. People who identify as belonging to marginalized or excluded populations are strongly encouraged to apply. Learn more about working at UNDP including our values and inspiring stories.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Office / Unit / Project Description
The United Nations Development Program – UNDP works in more than 170 countries and territories, assisting in developing policies, leadership and partnership skills, institutional capacities and resilience building, fostering development. In Colombia, he works in 28 departments and 319 municipalities.
UNDP is part of the 26 United Nations Agencies, Funds and Programs in Colombia, contributing to the achievement of the United Nations Framework for Cooperation on Sustainable Development. The UNDP Country Program Document 2021-2024 seeks to support the efforts of the Colombian government for the transition towards peace and the consolidation of its position as a upper-middle-income country; with three work priorities: 1) Stabilization: “ Peace with Legality ”; 2) Migration as a development factor; and 3) Technical assistance as an accelerator of the achievement of the catalytic Sustainable Development Goals.
At the programmatic level, UNDP Colombia is organized into 2 Clusters and 5 Portfolios: The Inclusive Sustainable Development Cluster that groups the portfolios of Sustainable Development and Reduction of Poverty and Inequity and the Cluster of Peacebuilding and Inclusive Governance that brings together the Portfolios of Democratic Governance, Peacebuilding and, Response to Crisis and Rule of Law.
The area of ICT information and communication technologies, It is aimed at providing the necessary support to guarantee the connectivity and operation of the technological tools required by the office and collaborators, to achieve the planned objectives.
Scope of work
one.Helps automation and digitization of operations and programs
Assistance in the development, as well as in the updating and maintenance of applications and technological platforms required for the automation of the administrative and operational processes of the Organization, using the PowerApps tools, Powerautomate, React and PostgreSQL databases or others that are arranged by the Entity.
2.Support the application of ICT management systems and strategies
- Ensure compliance with the organization’s information technology and management standards, guidelines, and procedures.
- Contribute to the definition of the administrative processes of the country office and support the application of operating procedures.
- Provision of ICT support to advance the necessary tests, conducive to guaranteeing the appropriation and use of the Organization’s platforms.
- Provide ICT support through the peer service to colleagues, to solve problems that may arise on platforms or other tools as required.
- Contribute to the development of results-based work plans.
- Support the use of ERP (Business Resource Planning) functionality to improve results and customer service.
3.Ensure efficient operation of hardware and software
- Perform specific technical functions, including the support, maintenance and updating of developed applications or others assigned to it to guarantee its operation
4.Support for network administration
- Frequently and regularly monitor file server traffic, usage, and performance.
- Participate in cloud-based local disk backup and restore procedures.
- Assist users in virus detection, elimination, and prevention. Help update patches and antivirus programs in a timely manner.
- Respond to the needs and questions of users about network access.
- Help solve and monitor network problems.
- Maintain an updated inventory of software and hardware, as well as supplies and spare parts, in cooperation with the purchasing unit.
- Maintain the filing system, guaranteeing the preservation of confidential documents.
5.Collaborate in the development and exchange of knowledge within the framework of the country office program.
- Participate and help organize ICT training for staff.
- Make relevant contributions to knowledge networks
- The holder of the position will carry out other tasks within his functional profile that are considered necessary for the proper functioning of the office and the organization.
Under the direct direction and supervision of the ICT Associate, the ICT Development Assistant provides services To develop and provide support for the operation of the applications and technological tools required by the Country Office.
Get results: LEVEL 1: Plan and supervise your own work, pay attention to details and deliver quality work within the established time frame.
Think innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to familiar creative ideas / risks, pragmatic in problem solving, makes improvements
Learn continuously: LEVEL 1: Open and curious mind, share knowledge, learn from mistakes, ask for feedback.
Adapt with agility: LEVEL 1: Fits change, constructively manages ambiguity and uncertainty, is flexible.
Act with determination: LEVEL 1: Show drive and motivation, able to act calmly in the face of adversity, sure of himself.
Commit and associate: LEVEL 1: Show compassion / understanding towards others, establish positive relationships.
Enable diversity and inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate / respect differences, be aware of unconscious prejudices, face discrimination.
Cross-cutting competences and techniques
Management by results: Ability to manage programs and projects focusing on improving performance and demonstrable results.
Customer satisfaction / Customer management: Ability to respond promptly and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solutions, and deliver timely and quality results and / or solutions to meet and understand the real needs of customers, contribute to the development of the customer service strategy, find ways to add value beyond immediate customer requests, ability to anticipate upcoming customer needs and concerns.
Work with tests and data: Ability to inspect, clean, transform, and model data to discover useful information, inform conclusions, and support decision-making.
Digital awareness and literacy: Ability and predisposition to quickly adopt new technologies , either through understanding its use or through understanding its impact and empowering others to use it when necessary.
Computer assistance to the client: Ability to assist clients in IT related issues and generate and contribute to continuous improvement processes to offer an excellent user experience. Desirable knowledge of ISO 9001. Desirable ITIL certification or similar.
Network, communication and infrastructure management: Ability to develop / integrate / operate / manage IT networks, communications, cloud or local infrastructures, and new technologies such as IoT. Desirable Cisco CCIE CCNP or similar.
User and business experience analyst: Ability to effectively translate user needs into computer requirements around human-centered design.
NPSA Minimum Qualifications
Minimum training requirements:
- A high school degree or college degree in computer science, systems engineering, electronic engineering, software engineering, or related areas is required.
- Additional training in computer systems, business software and / or web-based applications, React Js, PL-400 Microsoft Power Platform Developer certification will be positively valued.
Minimum of years of relevant work experience:
- At least 5 years (with a high school degree) or 2 years (with a university degree) of relevant application development experience preferably with the PowerApps, Powerautomate, React tools, postgresql databases.
- Desirable experience in technical assistance for hardware / software or ERP environments in the cloud, work with telecommunications facilities; web-based management systems and cloud infrastructure solutions.
- The experience in user-centered design and in conducting studies and tests with users will be positively valued.
- Demonstrated experience of working with national and international NGOs or previous experience with the SNU.
Required language (s):
- Spoken and written Spanish is required.
- The command of the English language will be positively valued.
Important applicant information
All posts in the NPSA categories are subject to local recruitment. Candidates selected pursuant to this vacancy may be subject to UNDP’s policy on Probation upon assignment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience, and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a request for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Same Posting Description for Internal and External Candidates