Job Identification : 14204
Locations : Lviv, Ukraine
Posting Date : 10/17/2023, 01:38 PM
Apply Before : 11/01/2023, 03:54 AM
Job Schedule : Full time
Agency : UNDP
Grade : NPSA-6
Vacancy Type : National Personnel Service Agreement
Practice Area : Crisis management / Country Management Support
Bureau : Regional Bureau for Europe and the CIS
Contract Duration : 1 Year with Possibility for extension
Education & Work Experience : Bachelor’s Degree – 3 year(s) experience OR High School certificate- 6 year(s) experience
Required Languages : Fluency in Ukrainian and working knowledge of English
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Job Purpose and Organizational Context
Today Ukraine is facing its most serious challenges since achieving independence in 1991. The ongoing war has already resulted in significant loss of life, unprecedented displacement, internally and towards neighboring countries, and devastating destruction of infrastructure. The UN Ukraine Flash Appeal shows that at least 15.7 million people are in immediate need of emergency assistance and protection. Early projections indicate that if the war should continue in the medium to long term, up to 90% of the Ukrainian population could face poverty and extreme economic vulnerability, and the country’s socio-economic progress could be set-back by almost 20 years. In the short-term, 62% of the population is at high risk of falling into poverty. Ukraine’s economy is set to shrink by 45% this year due to the war and even with a moderate recovery in the next few years, by 2025 the GDP would still only be two-thirds of the pre-war GDP in 2021.
In addition, the country faces losses of many people’s lives and devastative destruction of infrastructures and economic bases. Currently, more than 50% of the energy infrastructure damaged, causing the massive disruption of energy supply nationwide with millions of people experiencing power outages and challenges in heating. Extensive scale of destruction of infrastructure, rehabilitating or constructing infrastructures and installing equipment with necessary supply of the materials is urgently required to restore or maintain lifeline and key basic services, followed by removal or mines and explosives as well as debris.
Duties and Responsibilities
I. Supports administration and implementation of the operational strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Contribution to project staff in preparation of the Procurement Plan based on the Annual Work Plans and its timely and regularly updating according to the project activities.
- Organization of the procurement processes including preparation and conduct of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulations. Support the procurement process to ensure that it is fair, competitive, transparent, ethical and provides best value for money as well as the procurement action is in accordance with UNDP rules and regulations, procedures and instructions.
- Service as a secretary of the tender procurement processes of the project including: prepare all procurement documents, distribute and present relevant documentation to the members of the committee; coordinate procurement evaluation committee meetings; prepare procurement evaluation committee reports as well as maintain records of all documentation and reports.
- Assistance to project management in preparation/revision of Project Implementation Plan and Project Procurement Plan.
- Performance of other duties as required by UNDP management. II. Organizes procurement processes for the project focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of corporate procurement systems.
- Preparation of submissions to Contract, Asset and Procurement Committees, facilitate supportive information and document flows.
- Implementation proactive contract management, timely follow-up on the purchase orders fulfilment, communicate with suppliers and resolve issues which may arise along the supply process.
- Contract management on every stage of supply chain proactively identifying potential critical parts and making suggestions for improvement.
- Maintenance and improve the contract management system to ensure that accountability to donors and internal stakeholders is met.
- Prepare Purchase orders (POs) and contracts, performance management of procurement contracts. Implement the internal control system which ensures that Purchase orders are duly prepared and dispatched. Ensure timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems.
- Liaise as necessary with the stakeholders of procurement processes which may include but not be limited to, international and national suppliers, service providers, external bodies and end users as needed along the procurement and supply process.
- Work in a close liaison with the responsible person or be responsible for ensuring timely verification and receipt of shipping documents, goods receipt, clearance, facilitating quality control and distribution.
- Prepare and present reports on the project procurement.
- Support the management on physical assets disposal. Review of assets and recommendation of physical assets for disposal. Documentation preparation for submission to Contract Review Committees; follow up on request and liaise with requesting unit and maintenance for disposal action and entry in ERP system (Quantum) of all the requisite details for recording disposals. Oversight of disposal of items and accuracy of inventory data.
- Monitor the transportation of products purchased under the project.
- Review logistics documentation ensuring that all necessary documents are properly prepared.
- Ensure timely distribution of shipping documents and related documents to local service providers.
- Ensure timely delivery and proper transfer of products to the recipients.
- Maintain adequate filing and documentary evidence of all procurement and contract management processes as required by UNDP policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all project’s needs are met through the timely provision of appropriate supplies and other logistical support to all areas of operation.
- Provide inputs to the project reports.
- Prepare project budgets and accurate budget revisions based on gender-responsive budgeting principles, financial reports, including monthly and quarterly disbursement reports and financial reports to donors. III. Ensures implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Implementation of sourcing strategy.
- Development and update of the rosters of suppliers, implementation of supplier selection and evaluation. IV. Supports facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provide trainings on procurement-related processes to the project staff, if needed.
- Assist in problem-solving, bottlenecks prevention, risk analysis of the procurement processes within the Project. 4. Institutional Arrangement Under the direct supervision of Project Manager and the overall guidance of Inclusive Development, Recovery and Peacebuilding Portfolio Team Lead, the Procurement Associate will be responsible for procurement issues. S/he will ensure administration, transparent and efficient provision of procurement services and processes for the Project.
Core Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Functional & Technical competencies
Business Management – Customer Satisfaction/Client Management
- Ability to respond timely and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solutions, and deliver timely and quality results and/or solutions to fulfil and understand the real customers’ needs.
- Provide inputs to the development of customer service strategy.
- Look for ways to add value beyond clients’ immediate requests. Ability to anticipate client’s upcoming needs and concerns. Business Management – Communication
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience.
- Ability to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media and other appropriate channels. Procurement – Data analysis
- Ability to extract, analyze and visualize procurement data to form meaningful insights and aid effective business decision making. Procurement – Data management
- Knowledge of processing, storing, and validating procurement data. Procurement – Procurement management
- The ability to acquire goods, services or works from an outside external source. Procurement – Contract management
- Knowledge of contract management concepts, principles and methods, and ability to apply this to strategic and/or practical situations.
- Secondary Education is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement, Logistics, Management, Economics, Law, Business Administration, Public Administration, Engineering or other relevant areas will be given due consideration, but it is not a requirement
- Minimum 6 years (with Secondary Education) or 3 years (with Bachelor’s Degree) of relevant experience, on the national or international level, in procurement/supply chain, logistics or related areas. Desired experience
- Previous experience with UN agencies, governmental, private sector, development, other multilateral or civil society organization in the areas of social services, support to health, local development, support to civil society is highly desirable;
- Previous experience providing logistical support services would be an advantage
Familiarity and experience with ERP systems would be an asset
Fluency in Ukrainian and working knowledge of English
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.