Care Best Initiative (CBI) is a fast-growing, woman-led, and youth-driven Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) founded in 2019 and presently operational in states within North-East, Nigeria. Our objectives are to save lives, alleviate the suffering of children, women, and other vulnerable people; and maintain human dignity during and in the aftermath of man-made crises and natural disasters; as well as to prevent and strengthen preparedness for the occurrence of such situations; and to promote the right of children, women and vulnerable people in the society. Our actions are multi-sectorial inclined, gender-sensitive, and socially inclusive.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Graphics / Media Assistant
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Employment Type: Volunteer
Slots: 2 Openings
Duration: 6 months (extendable)
- The Graphics/Media assistant will work directly under CBI Communications and Information Technology (CIT) Coordinator to help with all his responsibilities in Yobe State.
- The Graphics/Media assistant may also be tasked with maintaining the overall look and feel ofCBI’s brand identity or visual style.
- This might include things like updating color palettes, choosing fonts, and ensuring consistency across various publicity materials.
- Drafting layouts for print materials such as brochures, flyers, or cards using design software like Adobe Illustrator or InDesign
- Participate in reviewing feedback to make sure it is implemented properly in the designs
- Creating graphic designs for websites and social media pages
- Taking photos or scanning images to use in designs
- Communicating with line managers to ensure that they are satisfied with the design process and the final product
- Researching trends in the industry or specific fields related to CBI activities to help create new designs that stand out.
- Proofreading text, checking spelling, and performing other minor edits on designs before they go live
Qualifications and Requirements
- BSc / BA in any field; further training and certification will be a plus
- Minimum of 1-year experience with relevant working experience;
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Experience in photo and video editing
- Ability to respond effectively to time-sensitive demands.
- Must be able to plan, prioritize, and manage their own activities and office workflow even when working under tight deadlines.
- Must be willing and able to adapt to changing work requirements and priorities that may require overtime or extended hours.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and representative skills (written, oral, cross-cultural).
- Ability to work with multi-cultural teams.
- Skills in training and management.
- Familiarity and proficiency in the use of relevant computer packages.
- Ability to speak English fluently, Hausa, and other local languages desirable.
Application Closing Date
14th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
By submitting your application for this position you agree to CBI ZERO Tolerance to:
- Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse, and Child Abuse
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- Care Best Initiative (CBI)provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
- This is emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible.
- Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Kindly attach additional certificates that support or address the requirements listed for the position in one PDF format, Cover Letter, and CV together in one Word format.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.