Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, private, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation and have been working in Nigeria since February 1996.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Supervisor (I)
Employment Type: Contract
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Planning and supervising the execution of the supply chain activities in the project or capital (order, procurement, transport and customs and stock management) according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure the optimal functioning of the mission
- Planning, coordinating, supervising and monitoring on a day-to-day basis the implementation of the supply activities in the project as specified by the line manager, ensuring compliance to MSF standards, protocols and procedures. Including the following tasks:
- Order management: Responsible for the supply administration, the correct filing and archiving of supply database and the efficient processing and follow up of orders and requests
- Procurement: Responsible for purchase management, in particular the follow up of purchases, preparation, together with the Logistics Manager, market assessments, contracts and supplier evaluations and communication with local suppliers for the status of purchase orders, claims and complaints
- Transport and Customs: Ensuring the clearing and the transport of medical and non-medical goods of the mission and provide info on timelines regarding administrative procedures concerning, import, customs clearance, etc.
- Stock management: Controlling quality and costs and the physical state of orders and determines the quantities of products to buy (volume) taking into account the demand and needs of the mission, the availability forecasts, delivery timelines, budget and other relevant factors and monitors stock levels related to monthly consumption figure, expiry dates, excess drugs and possible shortage in the capital
- Communicating with customers, keeping them up to date concerning their orders status (BO confirmation) and prioritizing procurement and transport according to their needs
- Coordinating and leading the team under his/her responsibility including the definition of each person’s tasks (daily supervision and checking the quality of their work), drawing up working schedule
- Supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Essential Technical Diploma in Supply Chain
- 1 – 2 years in MSF Logistics Department, previous experience in supply chain activities related jobs
- Computer literate
- Result and Quality orientated, Team work, Behavioral Flexibility, Committed to MSF Principles and Stress Management.
Application Closing Date
6th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process. MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system
- MSF thanks all the candidates for their interest in this position.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.