EYN Projects respects and believes in the infinite worth of every individual. We demonstrate this belief through our development and humanitarian services to affected communities, equal employment opportunities, building and strengthening staff’s skills, and ensuring qualitative and effective service delivery. EYN Projects does not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, or religion in our recruitment exercise nor in our humanitarian and development work.
CONTRACT DURATION: 3 MONTHS with the possibility of Extension
SUPERVISOR: MEAL COORDINATOR
ORGANISATION: Ekklesiyar ‘Yanuwa a Nigeria (EYN PROJECTS)
LOCATION: BORNO, YOBE AND ADAMAWA.
EYN Projects is a non-profit, non-governmental organization with the vision to reach out to humanity and vulnerable people in a compassionate way. It was established in 2005 with support of EYN headquarters to provide help to people living and affected with HIV/AIDS. The project has since transitioned into providing services in Child Protection, Food Security and Livelihood, Gender-Based Violence, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC), Reintegration and Peacebuilding, Education, as well as continued HIV/AIDS services among others, geared towards providing humanitarian aid to the communities affected by Insurgency in the North East.
EYN Projects respects and believes in the infinite worth of every individual. We demonstrate this belief by providing humanitarian services to affected communities, equal employment opportunities, building and strengthening the skills of our staff and ensuring qualitative and effective service delivery. EYN Projects does not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, or religion in our recruitment exercise nor in our humanitarian services.
ABOUT THE JOB:
The MEAL Officer will support all M&E operations within state and support program staff to systematically measure progress in implementation of the community components of the project. She/he will provide a framework through which these measurements (M&E data) are fed back to those involved in the running of the various component of the project and ensure that the information can support and guide the decisions of the management team to improve the quality and impact the program operations.
The MEAL Officer will be responsible for the following, including those implied from the responsibilities stated below:
- Provide technical support to health facility and community teams in the state, including interacting with site Program Managers, M&E focal points, M&E officers of SACA/SASCP, and other partners on needs and ensuring that these parties understand and can support the reporting requirements.
- Design clear and simple instructional sheets for each data collection tool and providing regular coaching to relevant staff and other stakeholders on data quality and the use of the data collection tools
- Conduct routine monitoring visits to project sites, including the conduct of data quality assessments (DQAs) using official tools
- Assist in routine data validation processes and reporting
- Support the deployment of electronic medical records, data management packages, and relevant tools to facilitate M&E activities in the community
- On a monthly basis, analyze facility-level data and provide approved reports to State Office, National Office and other partners or other relevant parties. Ensure that data is used to highlight important programmatic gaps and coordinate with facility management and other units in addressing these gaps
- Represents the M&E unit at various technical meetings as assigned
- Support the documentation of lessons learned and best practices in monitoring and evaluation, according to donor’s guidelines and standards
- Perform other duties as assigned by the MEAL coordinator.
- Comply with all EYN Projects’ and partners’ policies and practice with respect to codes of conduct, health, and safety, equal opportunities, and other relevant policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- MB.BS/MD/Ph.D. or similar degree with 1 to 3 years of relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health Initiatives.
- Or MPH or MS/MA in relevant degree with 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health Initiatives.
- Or BS/BA in statistics, pharmacy, microbiology, monitoring, and evaluation or in relevant degree with 5 to 7 years of relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health Initiatives.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Demonstrate approachability and trust by listening carefully to others and valuing their contribution, and making others feel comfortable by being open and honest about their thoughts and feelings
- Maintain ethical and professional behaviour in accordance with relevant codes of conduct
- Build own awareness of the bigger global picture by using a broad range of sources to gather data
- Demonstrate managerial courage by confronting difficult situations and seeking resolution, and stating willingness to champion ideas
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding literacy and educational program implementation.
- Proven ability to coordinate a multispectral development project.
- Excellent community mobilization, advocacy, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
Method of Application
CV and cover letter should be uploaded in a single word document with the Applicant’s name
For the application to be valid, EYN Projects only accepts applications with a cover letter.
NOTE: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Multiple submissions will be automatically disqualified.
EYN Projects does not ask for any form of payment/compensation at any stage of the recruitmentInterested and qualified? Go to Ekklesiyar Yan’uwa a Nigeria (EYN PROJECT) on forms.gle to apply