Green Concern for Development (GREENCODE) is a National registered NGO with CAC No: CAC/IT/NO 25643 and has been in operation for over 10 years. Our mission is to work with the poor and socially excluded people and government for the promotion of environmental and human rights protection in communities in Nigeria, aimed at poverty reduction through education, information sharing, research, training and direct impact interventions are in humanitarian emergency response and development, with physical presence in Borno, Yobe, Adamawa, Abuja, Cross River, Akwa Ibom States.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: FSL / WASH Enumerator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
- The Enumerator will be responsible to collect information and data on Food Security, WASH and Nutrition, Health and Protection in GREENCODE focal communities & at LGA level through; Registration, surveys, assessments, distributions and regular Post Distribution Monitoring of beneficiary households
- Support primary data collection;
- Provide support in registration and distribution process for beneficiaries;
- Work closely with community structures on GREENCODE activities;
- Support the Team in ensuring that GREENCODE activities are implemented in line with standard guidelines.
- Handle and fill in questionnaire through digital device (Smart Phone)
- Complete 8 hrs of work per day
- Complete a minimum number of 30 household per day
- Responsible for security and confidentiality of the electronic data.
- Return the digital devices in the same conditions that they have been received
- Data generated will be verified by the M&E
- Report all problems to the supervisor
- Gather information in an objective, appropriate and sensitive way by carefully observing, by actively listening, by paying full attention to the situation and the information of the various sources, and understand the points being made
- Team work spirit, and respect the humanitarian principles (Humanity, neutrality, impartiality)
- Ability to pose appropriate questions incl. gender sensitive, child or vulnerable community focused
- Expertise to enter, transcribe, record, maintain data/ information on electronic forms;
- Basic understanding of technology such as mobile phones and computers.
- Administer survey questionnaires to catchment/target groups
- Inform the project officer and teams of any misinformation or lack of information provided during surveys and interviews, as well as any complaints or other feedback from beneficiaries
- Inform the M&E and teams of any mistakes or lack of details with the proposed questions or questionnaires
- Closely adhere to GREENCODE Code of Conduct, and policies and protocols regarding data quality, sampling, information management and protection of beneficiaries
- Ensure that beneficiaries are treated with respect and are adequately consulted and informed of the project activities, objectives and GREENCODE beneficiary selection criteria and procedures
- Support the project and teams with any other task related to assessments and data collection.
- Must be a Bachelor’s Degree graduate in any discipline or at least SSCE certificate holder
- 1 – 3 years experience
- Hausa, Arabic and English languages required; Kanuri language is a must
- Must be an indigene of Borno State (Certificate of Indigene must be attached to application)
- Demonstrated commitment to helping others.
- Demonstrated discretion and good judgment
- Experience working in similar position with other NGOs
- Ability to learn and work in a team.
Application Closing Date
20th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a hardcopy of their Application Letter, CV and Certificate of origin to GREENCODE office at:
By Barwee Luxury Suites,
Opposite Airforce Base, Maiduguri,
Borno State, Nigeria.
Send their Online Applicaion, CV and Certificate of origin to:email@example.com copy:firstname.lastname@example.org the Job Title (e.g Enumerator) as the subject of the mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The position is valid for the duration stated, we don’t pay relocation allowance or provide house for field staff.
- Only applicant that adhere to the full instruction in this advert will be attended to.
- Applicants must be resident in Maiduguri and speaks the local language (Hausa and Kanuri) fluently.