Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: E- Platform Officer
Ref No: 220004XV
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employee Status: Permanent
Reports to: BHA Program Manager
Number of direct reports: 4
- The responsibilities of this post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children and young people. In the overseas context, all posts are considered to be level 3.
- As part of these responsibilities, the post holder will support the establishment of child safeguarding systems, promote a culture of keeping children safe, and ensure that potential harm to children (by our staff and/or as a result of how we do our work) is identified and addressed on an ongoing basis. The post holder should report and respond to interventions as determined by position-related responsibilities identified in the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Save the Children International is a ‘dual mandate organization and as such equal priority will be given to both humanitarian and development work. This is the only way we will be able to ensure that some of the fundamental rights that we believe children have, such as survival, safety, and constant access to protection and education can be guaranteed. As part of a commitment to work with children through humanitarian interventions, Save the Children will support programs in both sudden onset and chronic emergencies.
- Work closely with the Program manager on the Nagis system and any other financial service provider, to support the use of the offline application and card printing for project participants. In addition, provide overall support to issues related to the management of beneficiaries’ cards including the printing of lost or damaged cards, card activation, card storage, beneficiary’s complaints about shopping, lost pins, and other related issues that may arise during food distribution at various vendor’s outlets for a timely response to beneficiary’s complaint.
With support from the Program Manager:
- With the support of the mobilization team, assist in sensitization of community structures, project participants, and traditional authorities on the use of Nagis devices and applications for food redemption
- With supportive supervision oversee the use of Nagis applications in the delivery of cash and voucher transfers and help ensure the resolution of any problems;
- Follow up with the MEAL coordinator/specialist on the assessment carried out by the team for potential enrolment into the food assistance program.
- With the support of the market team, conduct training on the use of Nagis application to newly hired vendors and vendor’s key staff on the use of Nagis application and devices in conducting transactions.
- Communicate with Nagis on the newly enrolled beneficiary’s photo card data for printing and activation.
- Organize and lead staff, partners, and volunteers in carrying out biometrics capture of project participants across all implementing communities
- Assist in training of SCI staff and partner staff on system and application update
- Actively support relevant field assessments to identify the beneficiaries’ needs and viable business opportunities, ensuring assessment findings are documented and that all assessments include a specific analysis of children’s needs
- Support the implementation and monitoring of all activities, at the field level, as laid out in the Detail Implementation Plan (DIP).
- Assist in the registration of target families, ensuring that the data is collected and is recorded appropriately
- Compile and submit regular Nagis project reports and updates
- Support the MEAL team to map, identify and register program participants.
- Identify emerging issues related to the Nagis system and make a recommendation for further solutions.
- Ensure that you work to the best of your ability and demonstrate high levels of commitment to Save the Children International and our vision, mission, and values to ensure the objectives of your role and the country program are met;
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of all Save the Children International resources to keep costs low and ensure safety in the workplace; and
- Comply with the requirements of the Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy to ensure maximum protection for children.
- Supervise, hire and orient team members on any Nagis-related issues or upgrade to the system.
- Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect where team members strive to achieve excellence.
- Promote accountability, communicate expectations and provide constructive feedback via regular performance reviews.
- Provide team members with information, tools, and other resources to improve performance and reach objectives.
- Contribute to country team-building efforts, help team members identify problem-solving options, and ensure the integration of all team members into relevant decision-making processes.
- Identify any gaps or capacity needs within the team and ensure training and capacity building are incorporated into program planning.
Representation & Advocacy & Organisational Learning:
- Ensure that Save the Children’s work is coordinated with efforts of other agencies and Government, and support Interagency Coordination forums, advocating for the specific needs of children. This may involve supporting coordination working groups within the IDP camps and host communities or target project sites.
- Contribute to communications and media work as required through correction of data and information and sharing with the project heads
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practices concerning child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities, and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Understanding humanitarian contexts and application of humanitarian principles:
- Participates in disaster coordination mechanisms and interagency cooperation
- Recognize opportunities to evolve the current humanitarian portfolio into a more effective and impactful portfolio addressing the changing needs of conflict-affected populations.
- Contribute to countrywide strategy development.
Achieving results effectively:
- Ensures efficient and transparent use of resources in accordance with internal controls
- Establishes staff engagement mechanisms.
- Addresses difficult situations and makes tough decisions confidently and calmly
- Considers the wider impact of decisions to be made in the short and long-term.
- Continuously provides feedback and updates to achieve improved results
- Coordinates with stakeholders to avoid duplication and maximize resources
- Documents lessons learned and apply them to future projects
Maintaining and developing collaborative relationships:
- Establishes and maintains clear communication and dialogue with disaster and conflict-affected people and other stakeholders
- Identify, build and manage collaborative partnerships with communities, local authorities, and other stakeholders.
- Ensure effective coordination with relevant working groups, UN, ICRC, and colleagues I/NGO agencies.
Operating safely and Securely:
- Identifies and communicates risk and threats and minimizes these for oneself and the agency
- Takes measures to do no harm and to minimize risks for partners and the communities
- Reduces vulnerability by complying with safety and security protocols set by the organization
- Demonstrates an understanding of wider UN/NGO security coordination and how the organization can benefit from, and contribute to, those mechanisms
Managing yourself in a pressured and changing environment:
- Helps team members to practice stress management through prioritization of workloads and modeling of appropriate self-care
- Remains effective and retains perspective in the face of difficult or demanding situations
- Demonstrates personal integrity by using one’s position responsibly and fairly
- Maintains ethical and professional behavior in accordance with relevant codes of conduct
- Plans to prioritize and perform tasks well under pressure
- Takes responsibility for his/her work and the impact of his/her actions
Leadership: Action; Thinking; Self; Inspiring; Developing Others:
- Demonstrates managerial courage by confronting difficult situations and seeking resolution, and stating willingness to champion ideas
- Demonstrates approachability and trust by listening carefully to others and valuing their contribution, and making others feel comfortable by being open and honest about their thoughts and feelings
- Demonstrates self-development and management by taking responsibility for own development, and actively seeking out feedback to better understand their strengths and weaknesses
- Makes positive statements about work
- Effectively influences others by understanding their interests and showing how they will be met by their own preferred solution
- Gives constructive feedback to enhance capabilities and responsibilities to another for his/her development
Qualification / Experience
- B.Sc / HND in a relevant course – Social Policy, Social Science, International Development, Economics or related relevant discipline
- 3 years post NYSC relevant experience working with a financial service provider in Humanitarian emergency
- Excellent communication skills, calm, with a good sense of working in an intercultural environment;
- Excellent Microsoft Office applications skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Emails, Skype, Web researchers);
- Self-motivated and results orientated;
- Highly diplomatic and emotionally intelligent with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment and passion for the realization of women’s and girls’ rights and gender equality;
- Knowledge of women’s rights and gender equality and willingness to strengthen her/his capacity in this area; and
- Able to effectively advocate for change and influence others.
- Knowledge of and adherence to the Save the Children Code of Conduct and understanding of other international development guidelines.
- High level of communication in a local language related to a working environment
- Familiar with computer and phone applications
- Experience working with a well-known financial service provider that has an offline system / application.
- Normally working conditions within environments in which security assessment has been carried out and subject to field visit.
Application Closing Date
8th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online