Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE), a women-led, faith-based Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) is seeking job applications from qualified candidates to fill in the position of Human Resource Associate. WEWE’s core ideology is to be one of the most financially compliant and clean NGOs in Nigeria and Africa and we want to improve the lives of millions of widows and orphans in Nigeria and Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communication Volunteer / Associate – Short Video Editor, Social Media Content Developer, Basic Database Designer and Website Developer
Employment Type: Volunteer
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Identifying and effectively communicating project success by developing success stories, case studies and production of short video/documentaries.
- Create and manage social media contents on platforms and blogs.
- Engage with mainstream media (Electronic and Print) to increase WEWE’s visibility and promote project impact.
- Edit technical and scientific documents and articles (proofreading, copying, designing, line editing and substantive editing).
- Desktop design/publishing and layout of technical documents in compliance with donor branding and marking requirements.
- Coordinate Outreach and events with experience in developing press release, media coverage, press fact sheets, developing scene setters, liaise with US Embassy public affairs units and manage print, radio and TV media relation journalists.
- Website design, update, management and database designs.
- Coordinate staff meetings, prepare agendas and takes minutes of meetings as required.
- A Graduate with Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma or its equivalent, who has completed NYSC (or has a written exemption letter) with a First or Second Class Upper Division (2.1) in English, Linguistics, mass communication, journalism, or any social science related fields.
- Additional certifications on communication or its equivalent will be added advantage.
- Must have 1 to 2 years post NYSC experience in a reputable Organization in a similar role.
- Extremely strong computer skills, with knowledge of relevant publishing software such as but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite (Ms. Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Desktop Publishing (Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, PDF, illustrator, InDesign – CorelDraw.
- Experience in Media Production, Social media content development (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram),
- Short video Editing (Adobe After Effect, Adobe Premier Pro/Video Pad)
- Website development and basic database designs.
- Extremely strong in written and oral English language with research writing skills, emphasis on creative approaches, attention to detail and efficient delivery methods.
Application Closing Date
1st July, 2022.
Method of Application
Intereted and qualified candiates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applicant’s Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter should be in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the position.
- Applications will be reviewed in batches on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional references.
- Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.