The Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC) is a specialized technical institution of the African Union established to support public health initiatives of Member States and strengthen the capacity of their public health institutions to detect, prevent, control and respond quickly and effectively to disease threats.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer, Digital Systems
Locations: Abuja – Nigeria, Addis Ababa – Ethiopia, Libreville – Gabon, Lusaka – Zambia and Nairobi – Kenya
Grade: AUP2 Step 1
Supervisor: Primary – Head of Division- Disease Control and Prevention
Supervisor: Secondary – Technical Assistance Lead – Saving Lives and Livelihoods Programme
- The job holder will be responsible for the development and delivery of monitoring, tracking, and other digital tools necessary for the vaccine delivery effort. He/she is also expected to provide technical assistance to regional teams and implementing partners on digital tools.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The Technical Officer for Digital Systems will:
- Support the design and delivery of digital tools throughout the journey of vaccine delivery.
- Provide technical assistance on the digital tools architecture and implementation to regional teams and implementing partners.
- Setup financial tools and track and monitor financial spending using the tools.
- Develop technical specification and evaluation criteria for procurement of ICT software and hardware.
- Identify areas for improvement in the existing Africa CDC digital tools such as the CoVID-19 vaccination status dashboard.
- Provide technical assistance and support in the prototyping, testing, piloting, roll-out, administration, and maintenance of digital systems.
- Represent Africa CDC in a professional manner, which creates a positive image and enhances the credibility of the organisation.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the Technical Assistance Team Lead
Qualifications and Skills required
- Master’s Degree in IT, Computer Science, Information Systems and related fields.
- Candidates with at least 2 years of experience will be highly preferred. Or
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer Science, Information Systems and related fields.
- Candidates with at least 5 years of experience will be highly preferred.
- Experience in software development projects or related areas is required.
- Experience in ICT visualisation platforms such as DHIS2, Power BI, MS Project, etc.
- Experience in organising and delivering training courses within governmental organisations would be an advantage.
- Excellent computer skills, including word-processing capabilities, proficiency with e-mail and internet applications, and experience using office software applications such as MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to build strong relationships internally and with external.
- High level of autonomy at work, yet with a profound team.
- Ability to work under pressure, with minimal supervision, and in a culturally diverse team.
- Awareness of technological trends and applying necessary technology to the daily work when necessary.
- Adaptive, patient, resourceful, resilient, and flexible.
- Applicants must be proficient in at least one of the African Union working languages (English, French, Arabic, Spanish or Portuguese). Knowledge of two or more of African Union working languages would be an added advantage.
Tenure of Appointment
- The appointment will be made on a fixed-term contract for three years, of which the first three months will be considered a probationary period.
- Thereafter, the contract will be renewed annually subject to satisfactory performance and fund availability
- Indicative basic salary of US$31,073 (AUP2Step 1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment of US$14,293.58 (46% of basic salary per annum), Housing allowance of US$22,932 per annum, Thus a total of US$68,298.58 per annum plus Gratuity of 15% of Gross salary per annum.
Application Closing Date
10th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- To apply for this post, click on the link above, complete our online application form, and submit your CV and cover letter in two different documents, which should be prepared before applying as they will be considered in the application process.
- The cover letter should be no more than two pages long and explain why you are interested in this post and how your skills and experience make you a good fit.
- The document should be saved in MS Word in the following format: Your First Name-Your Last Name-Document Name-Date (mmyy) e.g., Pat-Jones-CV-062022-AFENET or Pat-Jones-CoverLetter-062022-AFENET.
- If you have any queries on any aspect of the appointment process, need additional information, or would like to have an informal discussion, please email at afenet-s[email protected] in the first instance.
- The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.