International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Assistant
Employment Type: Full-time
- Data Assistant-Hickey Family Foundation (HFF) to join our team in Kano office, Nigeria to effectively manage project activities and resources, provide leadership and stewardship to the project team and maintain collaborative links with the project’s key stakeholders at state and sub-national levels.
- The Data Assistant is responsible for designing and implementing the MEAL activities of the Project; assisting the Project Manager in preparing monthly, semi-annual and annual reports on project progress and monitor the project activities on a regular basis, s/he is responsible for the collection & analysis of different data in relation to the project activities.
- The Data Assistant works in close collaboration with project team and state MEAL officer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The objective of the HFF Data Assistant position is to ensure reliable HFF data management, including development of a database for HFF services, trainings and mentoring of service providers.
- The position will support HFF data collection, analysis and reporting through community, in line with the IMC guidelines and M&E framework.
- Work with the state M&E Officer to develop system for HFF data management
- Be responsible for maintaining HFF database in supported state, including data entry into the database.
- Serve as a resource person and provide technical support during HFF trainings
- Coordinate all HFF related data management activities, including data on service delivery, service providers, data from supervision and trainings.
- Coordinate HFF monthly data validation meetings in collaboration with LGA M&E officer
- Conduct monthly data quality checks and ensure data is of high quality.
- Work in close collaboration with the Kano MEAL Officer and MEAL Coordinator to plan and conduct HFF DQA exercises in selected service provider sites
- Develop follow up action plans and ensure that all identified data quality issues are resolved by the LGA M&E officers and provider sites
- Make available relevant data for HFF programming and for use by technical working groups.
- Participate in supervisory visits to HFF service provider sites to conduct on-the-job training on use of HFF data tools and ensure that service providers are using the national data tools.
- Maintain the Indicator Performance Tracking Table and feed the information to programs and MEAL team.
- Conduct regular analysis and action planning meetings to (1) compare data against project milestones, targets, and quality expectations across project sites;
- Identify, document, store and share lessons learned (this includes success story too) that have Implications for refinement of best programmatic practice.
- Ensure ethical and safe collection and storage of data.
- Assist the M&E Coordinator in all aspects of programme monitoring by periodic data collection, data verification and data analyzing from partners
- Develop and maintain database system to ensure programme tracking and to get critical Information of programme achievement by organizing, analyzing, and presentation.
- Support the Project Manager to monitor activities at the intervention LGA and communicate findings and progress to response team
- Support Documentation, Reporting, Knowledge Sharing and Effective Feedback Mechanism.
- Support coordination of the response monthly, quarterly, biannual and annual reviews and reports as required.
- Participate in dissemination of program information to communities, children, and other Stakeholders through a regular feedback mechanism.
- Perform other roles as may be assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- B.Sc in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics or closely related discipline with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience in international development
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of DHIS2 and other statistical packages
- Strong analytical skills and an understanding of a range of methods for monitoring, evaluation and assessment to promote evidence-based learning.
- Planning skills, including ability to think creatively and set priorities, manage work plans and evaluate progress.
- Understanding of local communities and cultures in the relevant states of operations and ability to communicate fluently in Hausa is an added advantage
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to travel and work in difficult settings, including remote rural areas in the state.
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple activities and deadlines.
- Experience in providing administrative support to work teams.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
- International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
Application Closing Date
17th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV in a single MS Word Document to “the Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps” via: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the mail.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Due to the urgent need for the position applications received will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the reporting email address provided at the end of this document. International Medical Corps’ Reporting email address: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com
- Please do not submit your CV or application to the reporting email address, it will not be considered for review
- Adhere strictly to the application instructions, otherwise, applications will not be considered.