Job position- COVAX Activity Manager Work location– Maiduguri with frequent visit to field locations
Reporting to– COVAX Project Manager Supervision of– COVAX Communications officer & LGA Supervisors
General purpose of the position
Under the supervision and guidance of the COVAX Project Manager, the COVAX Activity Manager coordinates and supervises the implementation of INTERSOS’s COVAX vaccination activities and ensures the delivery of quality Covid-19 vaccination programme to beneficiaries and their communities. The incumbent disseminates information, provides technical support to management and staff, and performs administrative functions on Covid-19 vaccination related matters.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
- Coordinates and supervises the efficient implementation of the Covid-19 vaccination activities according to National and INTERSOS’s standards operating procedures, and through the correct compilation and analysis of the covid-19 vaccination database.
- Examines and inspects the efficacy of all administrative procedures related to beneficiary Covid-19 vaccination process (card filling, registers, AEFI, referral) and ensures correct application according to INTERSOS policies.
- Ensures an efficient vaccine management and monitors the rational use of vaccines to avoid wastage and anticipate future needs
- Supports the staff (national and expatriate0 in getting vaccinated against Covid-19 at designated points in the state and follow-up on their second doses
- Provides regular updates on Covid-19 cases in the country and areas of INTERSOS operation advising for new recommendations by the NPHCDA or SPHCDA.
- Compiles the monthly vaccination data from field locations and draft the monthly covid-19 vaccination report for the Project
- In close coordination with the HR department and the Project Manager, plans and supervises the associated processes (recruitment, training, evaluation, development and communication) for the COVAX vaccination staff/team.
- Participates in the development of the plan of action together with PM, Dep MedCo and MedCo.
- Reports to Project Manager all the covid-19 vaccination activities, and close coordinate before to take any decisive action.
- Cooperates with the Echo COVAX PM in ensuring a regular and constructive exchange with the NGO operating in the same area, Hospital representative, and MOH representative.
- Coordinates daily management of team’s work plan under his/her responsibility.
- Participating in the monthly reports according to guidelines.
- Any other task as assigned by the Supervisor
- Advanced university degree in Medicine. Desirable specialization in Tropical Medicine or Public Health.
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant work experience in the humanitarian sector especially in fragile and unstable environments
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Demonstrate experience with different donors’ compliance and reporting especially ECHO
- Leadership, people management and development, teamwork and cooperation
- Strategic Vision
- Service Orientation
- Understanding of humanitarian operations principles, standards and best practices
How to apply
Interested candidates should complete this form and attach CV with the following format “Surname Position you applied for”. ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
Application deadline: apply no later than 31st May 2022 at 4:00 PM.
INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment. Applications are processed according to the order of arrival. INTERSOS reserves the right to close the offer before the term initially expressed in the advert, if an applicant is accepted.