Job position- PSS/GBV Specialist Work location – Maiduguri (Nigeria), with sporadic missions to field bases Reporting to – Protection Coordinator Supervision of– PSS and GBV case workers team leaders.
General purpose of the position
Under the direct supervision of the Protection Coordinator, the PSS/GBV Specialist oversees the technical side of protection activities related to GBV and psychosocial support, carries out the project’s framework, ensuring compliance and operational quality, in collaboration with the Protection Coordinator and the Programme Manager-Multisector.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
- In close collaboration and under the supervision of the Protection Coordinator (PC), fosters the capacity of INTERSOS in PSS and GBV sector to meet GBV and PSS minimum standards in emergency programs. This includes training and mentoring of INTERSOS staff.
- Provides technical support, insights for PSS and GBV activities and standards including via tools and methodologies to national and international staff.
- Guides the implementation of PSS programming with a focus on technical aspects and quality assurance through close monitoring, supervision, and training for national staff.
- Provides technical support to GBV cases documentation through GBVIMS forms/system.
- Contributes, under PC guidance, to strengthening INTERSOS Nigeria in the protection sector Coordination In close collaboration and under the supervision of the Protection Coordinator;
- Ensures 5W matrices are submitted to the State Clusters per the agreed reporting schedule in close collaboration and under the supervision of the Protection Coordinator;
- Represents the program with national authorities, non-state actors, UN agencies, NGOs, donors in Borno State
- Ensures adherence to work plans and M&E plans.
- Contributes to timely submission of relevant reports to the leading agency as per the agreed reporting schedule
- Contributes to project proposals development for the GBV sector in Borno State, in close coordination with the technical team, protection focal points, under the supervision of the Coordination of INTERSOS Nigeria;
- Carries out rapid assessments to investigate programming opportunities inside Borno State;
- Executes managerial duties related to the employment life cycle for national staff under his/her direct supervision (i.e hiring, training, performance management, coaching.
- Performs additional tasks as assigned
- Master’s degree in clinical Psychology, clinical Psychiatry with clinical license to provide psychological counseling or psychotherapy specialized in trauma counseling
- Minimum 4 years professional experience in psychological counseling, with special emphasis on managing critical incident stress and trauma
- Prior experience in an INGO is required.
- Fluency in spoken and written English (Mandatory)
- Fluency in spoken and written Hausa (Mandatory)
- High degree of skill in psychological assessment and evaluation.
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, outlook)
- Analytical and reporting skills
- Respect and adherence to protection principles
- Capacity to work under pressure, flexibility
- Work within the framework of IINTERSOS Nigeria’s core values.
- Act as an ambassador for INTERSOS Nigeria, through professionalism and conduct.
How to apply
Interested candidates should complete this form and attach CV with the following format “Surname Position you applied for”.
ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted. Application deadline: apply no later than 31st May 2022 at 4:00 PM.
INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment. Applications are processed according to the order of arrival. INTERSOS reserves the right to close the offer before the term initially expressed in the advert, if an applicant is accepted.