Paragone Int’l Health & Support Initiative (PIHSI) is a Key Population Community Based organization that promotes the rights and welfare of KPs’ by promoting and supporting a wide range of community development, education, sustainability and self actualization especially amongst FSWs in Nigeria. Paragone believes in the science of saving lives and at the grassroots level has played supportive role and showcased interest in advancing the collective goals of communities members. Paragone has its head office at Awka, Anambra State Nigeria and will be implementing in the current GF HIV-NAHI.
- Mobilize community in implementation of the project activities
- Creates awareness and facilitates project activities
- Facilitates in the identification and prioritization of activities sites
- Ensure participants of the project intervention package are identified and selected in a participatory manner and full acknowledgement of the whole community;
- Facilitates community meetings and community action plan (CAP) preparation and ensure that the participation of each beneficiary.
- In collaboration with field supervisor, support in training need identification and provides effective trainings to target community members;
- Work with community leaders and key staff and acts as a catalyst in initiating action and generating enthusiasm for change in communities by performing demonstrations and organizing and leading sessions;
- Organizes and facilitates Information Education and Communication (IEC) sessions with community members.
Skills & Attributes
- Communication skill, good human relations, willingness to reside in rural areas;
- Firm belief in teamwork, gender equality, conceptual understanding of participatory approach and sustainable development.
- Familiarity in community mobilization and supporting community structures
- Respect, accountability, courage, excellence, stress tolerance, information monitoring, developing teams, interpersonal skills, coaching, problem solving, planning and organizing
- The Community Facilitators is expected to establish open relationship with the community in order to facilitate and encourage active participation in overall development activities and internally, with Supervisors, project, and other concerned staff.
- The Community Facilitators lives among the community. She/he travels long distances.
- Demonstrated skills in partnership building and interpersonal communication
- Excellent and demonstrated skills in computer Microsoft office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and outlooks, emails
- Knowledge of local language and working with local community
- Good level of reporting writing skills
- Participatory facilitation skills and experience
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and Resume as a single Ms Word document to: [email protected] by CoB 27th June 2022. The subject line of your email should be your name along with the job title. E.g. James Brown “Case Manager Nurse”.
Paragone Int’l Health & Support Initiative is an equal opportunity employer regardless of religion, sexual orientation and ethnic groups. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment.
Applicants are advised that Paragone does not require any payment or recommendation during the recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as it is contrary to our values and practices.
NOTE: Physical submission of applications will NOT be attended to.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.