Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: M & E / Data Analytics Intern
Requisition ID: req14687
Project Overview and Role
- Data.FI is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to support the HIV and COVID-19 response.
- Data.FI partners with programs to accelerate and sustain access to high-quality data to expedite HIV and COVID-19 epidemic control and maintenance. By improving global, regional, national, and community/local in-depth analyses of HIV and COVID-19 epidemiologic and programmatic data, Data.FI expedites program achievements to improve client services and attain and sustain control of the epidemics.
- Data.FI supports host country governments to enhance existing health information systems (HIS), informing management responses to gaps in programming and sustaining impact by supporting local partner transition.
Purpose of Position
- We are recruiting Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) / Data Analytics (DA) interns to work in close collaboration with the project DA team in support of USAID’s Strategic Information (SI) team and service delivery implementing partners (IPs) to leverage weekly PEPFAR data to support control of HIV epidemic.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Support review of high-frequency reporting (HFR) data sets for weekly reporting
- Conduct data validation and logic checks for data across reporting systems i.e. Data for Accountability, Transparency and Impact Monitoring (DATIM), the National Data Repository (NDR) and HFR.
- Conduct data collection and collation at the state level
- Support implementation of the Weekly Data Review for Rapid Action methodology at the state level and across hierarchies.
- Working with the Strategic Information Advisor(s), support IPs to facilitate and support HFR processes to identify barriers to data use and generate solutions to address those barriers
- Support documentation of best practices, data use cases, and stakeholder engagements at the state level.
- Implement data quality strategies and activities at the state level and other hierarchies as advised.
- Support regular analysis and reviews of performance on key priority indicators for HIV and orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) programs
- Support any other activity as assigned.
- A Degree in Public Health, Statistics, Health Informatics, Computer Science, Monitoring and Evaluation, or a related field
- Knowledge of health management information systems or routine health information systems.
- Basic knowledge of HIV/AIDS programs, including District Health Information Software, version 2 (DHIS 2) preferred.
- Knowledge of patient-level and aggregate data management systems i.e. electronic medical records (EMR), logistics information management systems (LIMS)
- Working skills in data analysis with proficiency in a statistical package i.e. Stata, SPSS, advanced excel, or Business Intelligence applications.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online