Society for Family Health is one of Nigeria’s largest non-governmental organisations. Founded in 1985 by three eminent Nigerians: Professor Olikoye Ransome-Kuti, Justice Ifeyinwa Nzeako, Pharmacist Dahiru Wali and Phil Harvey. Society for Family Health Nigeria has a mission to empower Nigerians, particularly the poor and vulnerable to lead healthier lives. Working with the private and public sectors, SFH adopts social marketing and behaviour change communication to improve access to essential health information, services, and products to motivate the adoption of healthy behaviours.
- Experience 7 years
- Location Kaduna
Job Profile: The AHS will provide technical leadership for conceptualizing and designing reproductive health, specifically Family Planning interventions to enhance the effectiveness of the project in health promotion activities that affect adolescent, including in nutrition, sexual and reproductive health and Maternal neonatal child health (MNCH). He/she will provide technical leadership for adolescent health activities including a range of quality Adolescent Reproductive sexual health (ARSH) programming from contraception and maternal care HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment, strengthening access to Family planning, and advocating for sound reproductive health policies.
Job-role: The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Ensure periodic development of budget and work plan for Adolescent Health, creating and sustaining a mechanism for synergy and integration of adolescent health services and nutrition services for the project at fixed post, during outreaches & Safe space Initiative (SSI).
- Identified program implementing challenges, coordinate advocacy and sensitization programmes targeted at relevant gatekeepers and community stakeholders to create an enabling environment for programme implementation among the target adolescent girls.
- Develop, source, and facilitate adoption and adaptation of technical materials for use in the implementation of Adolescent Health Services (AHS) and coordinate the implementation of evidence-informed comprehensive Behavioural change & communication (BCC) programmes to address the myths and barriers to uptake of Family planning (FP) among adolescents.
- Coordinate with support of Local Government Area Reproductive health (LGA RH) Coordinators in the recruitment of Key staff at the LGAs and coordinate training of providers and mentors for the provision of FP including Long-acting reversible contraceptives (LARC) in both fixed post, outreach point of service and community.
- Develop a Quality of Care (QoC) framework for the project with regular capacity building of state actors on the use of the QoC checklist.
- Bsc, Master’s degree, MPH preferred, MBBS, Nursing/Midwife, public health Nurse
- 7 years related experience, including a minimum of 5 years supervisory/project management or program development experience.
- Specific technical expertise relevant to international public health
- Outstanding leadership skills
- Excellent analytical skills and aptitude for details
- Capacity to work in difficult conditions and function well under pressure
- Extensive international experience and experience in a developing country required
Skills and Competencies required
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication, organizational, and cross-cultural skills.
- Proactive, open personality and work hands-on.
- Demonstrable initiative, creativity, and flexibility
- Ability to work independently and effectively in groups.
- Problem solving and analytical ability
- Drive for continuous learning and knowledge sharing
- Demonstrated ability to manage consortium team performance
- Managed and mitigated challenges faced by team members on the field and Stakeholders’ management
- Conflict resolution & Management
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Society for Family Health (SFH) on sfhnigeria.simplicant.com to apply