Society for Family Health is one of Nigeria’s largest non-governmental organisations. Founded in 1985 by three eminent Nigerians: Professor Olikoye Ransome-Kuti, Justice Ifeyinwa Nzeako, Pharmacist Dahiru Wali and Phil Harvey. Society for Family Health Nigeria has a mission to empower Nigerians, particularly the poor and vulnerable to lead healthier lives. Working with the private and public sectors, SFH adopts social marketing and behaviour change communication to improve access to essential health information, services, and products to motivate the adoption of healthy behaviours.
- Experience 7 years
- Location Kaduna
Job Profile:The Nutrition Specialist will provide guidance to the ANRiN team to reach all eligible beneficiaries with the basic package of nutrition services and will report to the Project Director. This position provides leadership to the Basic Package of Nutrition Services and supervises the Basic package of Nutrition Services (BPNS) team comprised of Nutrition Officer, Advocacy & community engagement officer (A&CEO) and Field Coordinator.
Job-role: The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Provide technical Leadership on the planning and distribution of BPNS commodities in the state.
- Ensure quality supportive monitoring activities are undertaken monthly and involvement of key stakeholders in the monitoring activity.
- Lead on the stakeholders’ engagement, sensitization and awareness creation on the Project tenure and scope and ensure that Grievance response Mechanism (GRM) is established across the implementing wards and it’s functional.
- Work with the Nutrition Officer and Field Coordinator to ensure that field protocols are strictly adhered to in the delivery of BPNS and commodities in the field. Ensure that on the job training and ongoing mentoring is provided to support field personnel to deliver the BPNS in community accurately.
- Liaise with the Project Director (PD) to create a work environment conducive to professional growth and development for the BPNS team and support in the Human Resources management in the area of recruitment and retention, facilitate the use of performance planning and management system to establish performance expectations and regularly providing constructive feedback.
- Ensure timely preparation of programmatic reports including sharing of best practices, success stories, lessons learnt, opportunities and action pictures, making sure that the most up-to-date information regarding the BPNS is shared via a range of mechanisms: including reports, newsletters, advocacy brief, and journals.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, in Human Nutrition, Dietetics, Nursing or any related field while a. Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- 7 years related experience, with a minimum of 5 years in Nutrition or Maternal and Child Health program involving multiple partners, stakeholders, and geographic target areas in a developing country.
- Experience in nutrition program and community work.
- Experience in training of community volunteers on nutrition program.
- Familiar with planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of community-based health programmes.
- Knowledge of the working geographic area and ability to communicate in the local language (Hausa).
- Experience working with electronic data collection applications.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural project.
- Strict adherence to Child safeguards policies, thus ensuring that no child is harmed or left out.
Skills and Competencies required
- Good experience in the use of SAP
- Project Team Management skill
- Advocacy and partnership skill
- Community engagement skill
- Problem solving and innovative.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Society for Family Health (SFH) on sfhnigeria.simplicant.com to apply