Calling for VIDEO remote volunteers!!!!
Are you ready to join the world’s confederation for diaspora organizations? Apply today!!!
The Global Diaspora Confederation (GDC) is a global movement of Diaspora Organizations working towards a world of unity, peace and advancement. We help unify, support, develop and promote Diaspora Organizations across the world through linking with all groups interested in diaspora communities. We aim to be an influential system leader for global diasporas’ interests and to establish, pioneer, and be the authentic voice of a worldwide sector alliance of Diaspora Organizations. We also empower Diaspora Organizations to continually create sustainable, collaborative and positive impacts for their communities and societies.
About the GDC Week
Global Diaspora Week is a global event for diaspora organizations, which will take place between 8-14 December 2023, to showcase their diaspora achievements, contribute to the global solidarity, and advocate their communities’ needs and challenges. By organizing activities over six continents and ending with the Global Diaspora Assembly on the International Migrants Day, the organizer, Global Diaspora Confederation (GDC) brings together diaspora organizations across the world to achieve its vision – peace, unity, and social and economic advancement for all.
Position Summary: We are looking for amazing volunteers to join our Video Team.
Video Team Members support the Team Lead in visualizing GDC’s mission. When language is unable to convey important messages, videos become a powerful tool for bringing people together
This part-time volunteer role is carried out remotely, therefore we welcome applications from anywhere in the world.
● Creating and managing video projects from concept development/pre-production planning to post-production and delivery, supervising lighting and camera direction, on-screen text and graphic creation and integration, sound engineering and post-production audio editing, post-production editing and assembling recorded raw materials into required and completed pieces of work ready for broadcasting.
● Overseeing and managing quality control of all GDC video production.
● Regularly collaborating with the marketing team and developing a media library.
● Sourcing usable and license-free material such as camera footage, dialogue, sound effects, graphics, and special effects.
● Actively liaise with relevant teams and the Chair for feedback and improvements throughout the video production process.
● Ensuring all projects are on schedule.
● Ensuring all media is archived appropriately and can be readily obtained.
● Providing technical and virtual support and requirements for any on-site filming.
● Proposing new video ideas to maintain a good volume of quality production.
● Developing GDC-owned materials for future use.
● Supporting and advising video production by diaspora organizations if required.
Requirements and skills
● Degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communication
● Ability to operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and perform repairs to audio and video equipment.
● Ability to effectively manage time and schedules.
● Knowledge of professional audio and/or video tape editing and post-production procedures, techniques, and standards.
● Good understanding of the concept and needs of diasporas
● Strong planning and organizing skills including a thorough and methodical approach and the ability to prioritize.
● Positive attitude and persistence in numerous revisions
What we offer:
- A certificate after completing 3 months in GDC.
- Volunteer experience opportunity at an international NGO.
- Flexible working hours with project-based deadlines, which allows you to choose the time to work.
- Being a part of our volunteer organization and the satisfaction of being a volunteer to participate in changing the world for positivism.
This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity provided by The Global Diaspora Academy by the GDC.