Recruitment of’a national consultant, Administrator in charge of coordinating the leading activities of technical and financial partners of’baseline education in Burkina Faso
Job no: 566514
Position type: Consultant
Location: Burkina Faso Division/Equivalent: Dakar (WCAR), Senegal
School/Unit: Burkina Faso
Department/Office: Ouagadougou, Burkina-Faso
UNICEF works in some of the most challenging places in the world to reach the most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them realize their potential.
In 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for all.
And we never give up.
For each child, a TdRs Consultant sectoral coordination_2023 pub.pdf
UNICEF’s fundamental mission is to promote the rights of every child, everywhere, in everything the organization does – in programmes, in advocacy and in operations. The equity strategy, which focuses on the most disadvantaged and excluded children and families, translates this commitment to children’s rights into action. For UNICEF, equity means that all children have the opportunity to survive, develop and reach their full potential, without discrimination, bias or favouritism. To the extent that a child has an unequal chance in life – in its social, political, economic, civic and cultural dimensions – his or her rights are violated. It is becoming increasingly clear that investing in health’education and the protection of the most disadvantaged citizens of a society – by tackling inequalities – will not only give all children the opportunity to realize their potential, but also to, but it will also lead to sustained growth and stability of countries. That is why the focus on equity is so vital. It accelerates progress towards the realization of the human rights of all children, which is the universal mandate of UNICEF, as defined by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, while supporting the equitable development of nations. That is why the focus on equity is so vital. It accelerates progress towards the realization of the human rights of all children, which is the universal mandate of UNICEF, as defined by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, while supporting the equitable development of nations. That is why the emphasis on equity is so vital. It accelerates progress towards the realization of the human rights of all children, which is the universal mandate of UNICEF, as defined by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, while supporting the equitable development of nations.
Burkina Faso, like other countries of the world S’, is committed to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) whose deadline comes to an end in 2030. To this end, the country has defined in the National Plan of Economic and Social Development (PNDES II) 2021-2025, the’action Plan of the Transition for Stabilization and Development (PA-SD 2023-2025) which identify a number of priority development sectors including’education, the, with the firm will to achieve universal primary schooling in 2030 and to’extend access to other levels while improving the quality of’ teaching. With a view to aligning the National Development Policy (NDP) with the SDGs, the, burkina Faso is endowed with the National Plan of Economic and Social Development (PNDES 2016-2020 then 2021-2025),d’a Education and Training Sector Plan (2017-2030) translated into sub-sectoral plans including the Strategic Plan for Development of’Base Education and’Secondary Education (PSDEBS, 2021-2025) .
The dialogue around the sector is marked by the Partenarial Education Framework, which defines the modalities of consultation and dialogue of the partners of the basic education subsector with the Government. The Partnership Framework provides for the appointment of a TFP Lead (regardless of the funding modality chosen) as a representative of all the partners who have signed the partnership framework. As part of its cooperation program with the Burkinabe government extended until’en 2025, in collaboration with all Technical and Financial Partners (PTFs) of the sector « Education and Training », ’unICEF provides support in piloting, governance, quality, and’offre in education and training in Burkina Faso.It is in this context that UNICEF will take the lead in the PTFs of the Education and Training sector in January 2024 for a period of 11.5 months. To enable it to continue to monitor and implement its work program in the sector while effectively ensuring the tasks assigned to the Head of the partnership framework for the duration of his mandate to Leader, UNICEF wishes to hire the services of a National Consultant to administer the Lead Secretariat, and act as a facilitator between the parties to :(i) to ensure the coordination of activities and consultation between the PTFs themselves and (ii) between the PTFs and the Ministry of’Education Nationale et de l’’Alphabetisation and (iii) to provide a technical expertise in’analysis of sectoral reports on behalf of’UNICEF.
How can you make a difference ?
L’Administrator in charge of sectoral coordination, Education Specialist will be responsible for working under the supervision of the Chief of the Education Section of’ UNICEF. He/she shall: (i) facilitate consultation between the PTFs, the Ministry of’National Education and Literacy and the three other ministries in charge of’education namely : the Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovations (MESRI), the Ministry of Women, National Solidarity and Family (MFSNF), the Minister of Youth, training and Professional Integration (MJFIP) ;(ii) ensure coordination of the contributions of PTFs to the’analysis of the main issues of the sector in order to facilitate informed and joint decision-making between PTFs on the one hand and with the Government d’other part ; (iii) Coordinate the participation of TFPs in Sector Governance bodies through the monitoring and evaluation system already in place at the level of basic’education (Thematic Groups, Thematic Groups, etc, Partnership framework and Joint Monitoring Mission –MCS-in particular) and sectoral frameworks for dialogue of PNDES ; (iv) collaborate closely with the’Apartner agent responsible for supervising the Global Partnership for Education (SME) funds. (iii) Coordinate the participation of TFPs in Sector Governance bodies through the monitoring and evaluation system already in place at the level of basic’education (Thematic Groups, Thematic Groups, etc, Partnership framework and Joint Monitoring Mission –MCS-in particular) and sectoral frameworks for dialogue of PNDES ; (iv) collaborate closely with the’Apartner agent responsible for supervising the Global Partnership for Education (SME) funds. (iii) Coordinate the participation of TFPs in Sector Governance bodies through the monitoring and evaluation system already in place at the level of basic’education (Thematic Groups, Thematic Groups, etc, Partnership framework and Joint Monitoring Mission –MCS-in particular) and sectoral frameworks for dialogue of PNDES ; (iv) collaborate closely with the’Apartner agent responsible for supervising the Global Partnership for Education (SME) funds.
Deliverables and duration of the mission
The/consultant(e) shall submit the following documents : 1. DELIVERABLES KEYS/CALENDAR/PAYMENT SCHEDULE:
Prepare the mission letter to’attention of the PTFs and take into account their expectations
At the beginning of the mandate
’s notes analysis of reforms, strategies including on public finances or other documents prepared by MENAPLN
Follow-up notes of the’invention of the Global Partnership for’Education
Comments on various documents produced by MENAPLN on behalf of’UNICEF
Consolidated comments of the’ set of PTFs
Drafts of official letters addressed to MENAPLN for consultation of PTFs
Speech sketches for various official events by gathering the message elements desired by the PTFs
Analysis notes of reforms, strategies or other documents prepared by MENAPLN
Leader representation report / report on events, meetings
Monthly benefit reports
In addition to the various products mentioned above and arising from the specific tasks mentioned above, the Administrator will produce :
- at the end of each month, a Synthesis Report in electronic form on the activities carried out, the challenges facing the sector and the vigilance points that will have to be followed up in the following month. He must also attach in appendices all the documents produced, then archive them ;
- at the end of the mission, a report of the assessment of the mandate of leader in the form of’an electronic report and in paper format describing the activities carried out, the difficulties, the, lessons learned and perspectives in terms of recommendations to the’s of the PTFs in Education and the incoming Leader.
Expected results :
- The PTFs are informed of all major advances and developments in government legislation and strategies relating to the’education sector in Burkina Faso, France, and give their positioning with respect to them
- All statutory meetings of the Education TFPs, as well as those with the Government, are held in accordance with the timetable and participants have the necessary documentation for the discussions in advance
- The implementation of the resolutions and recommendations resulting from the meetings of PTFs is monitored regularly until their end, with reminders and readjustments if necessary
- PTFs Education are actively involved in the sectoral dialogue and in all sector review exercises.
- ’UNICEF as a Leader has’ a validated mission letter taking into account the expectations of other PTFs
The period of consultation extends from 1er january 2024 to December 15, 2024.
To qualify as a defender for each child, you need to :
- Hold a Master’s degree in Social Sciences or any other equivalent degree ;
- Proven specialization in the planning and sectoral coordination of the country would be an asset.
The’Administrator in charge of coordinating the activities of the Lead Partner of the partnership framework shall :
- Have at least five (05) years of experience in the planning, implementation and monitoring and evaluation of education programmes or projects, in particular in the sectoral coordination of’education ;
- Have a mastery of the Burkinabe education system, and of the PSEF in a more specific way ;
- Knowledge of the PSEF/PSDSEBS and the PNDES and the PASD would be an asset.
- Be proactive and develop’ initiatives to improve the implementation of PSDEBS and share them with the entire’ Education team ;
- Demonstrate a strong capacity for communication, listening, dialogue and capacity to produce analytical and synthesis reports ;
- Being of burkinabe nationality.
- Have a perfect knowledge of French and a functional knowledge of English’ (spoken and written) ;
- Have at least five (05) years of experience in the planning, implementation and monitoring and evaluation of education programmes or projects, in particular in the sectoral coordination of’education ;Have a mastery of the Burkinabe education system, and of the PSEF in a more specific way ;
- Have an ability to’analysis, negotiation and advocacy; be able to take initiatives and demonstrate availability and a sense of responsibility.
- Be willing to work under pressure in a multicultural environment and have the ability to’establish harmonious and effective working relationships both inside and’ outside the’organization and have autonomy in the conduct of activities with very limited deadlines.
- Have previous experience in the field of’ support for sectoral coordination.
- Knowledge of the United Nations System and its procedures.
- Have a mastery of computer software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint ..).
For each child, you must demonstrate…
The core values of UNICEF are Benevolence; Respect; Integrity; Trust and Responsibility. Discover our Charter of Values : UNICEF Values
UNICEF is there to serve the world’s most disadvantaged children, and our global workforce must reflect the diversity of these children. The UNICEF family is committed to including everyone, regardless of race/ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, gender identity, socio-economic background or any other personal characteristic.
By applying for this consultancy, candidates/es are aware that they/they can be brought/work in difficult areas where security conditions may deteriorate at any time for reasons beyond the control of UNICEF. Persons engaged under a consultant contract or an individual contract will not be considered “staff members ” within the meaning of the United Nations Staff Regulations and Rules and UNICEF policies and procedures and shall not be entitled to the benefits provided for therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their terms of service will be governed by their contract and the terms and conditions of the service contracts of consultants and individual contractors.Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax obligations and paying any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local laws or other applicable laws. Selected candidates are subject to confirmation of a full vaccination against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19) with a World Health Organization (WHO) approved vaccine, including, who must be satisfied before taking office. It does not apply to consultants who will work remotely and are not expected to work or visit UNICEF premises, places of programme delivery or directly interact with the communities with which UNICEF works, nor travel to perform functions for UNICEF for the duration of their consultant contract. L’UNICEF offers reasonable accommodations for consultants with disabilities. These can be, for example, accessible software, travel assistance for missions or personal guides. We encourage you to disclose your disability during your application in case you are auriew
Appointments to UNICEF are subject to medical approval. Appointments may also be subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid). Government employees who are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a medical authorization is not obtained, or if the necessary vaccination conditions are not met, within a reasonable time for any reason.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and will proceed to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: Oct 12 2023 Greenwich Standard Time
Close application: Oct 26 2023 Greenwich Standard Time
Back to list
- Close Oct 26 2023Recruitment of a national consultant, Administrator responsible for coordinating the leadership activities of technical and financial partners in basic education in Burkina Faso in Burkina Faso
Unicef Burkina Faso is looking for an individual consultant with the technical skills and experience required to provide the secretariat for the Chief of PTFs Education.